Hi I'm new to Cobalt and this forum. I bought a 2006 282 and I am not getting potable water anywhere. Filled tank but no luck. Want to check pump but am having difficulty finding it. Any help in sharing where pump is would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
Just turn it on and listen for it. Lol
Hope this helps. I just jump in the lake for my water fix.
Hope this helps. I just jump in the lake for my water fix.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
.Joe2580 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:30 pm Hi I'm new to Cobalt and this forum. I bought a 2006 282 and I am not getting potable water anywhere. Filled tank but no luck. Want to check pump but am having difficulty finding it. Any help in sharing where pump is would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I just replaced my potable water pump a couple of weeks ago. Mine was on the firewall in the engine compartment in our 2005 263. Yours is most likely in a similar location. Matt will chime in though.
Here’s a pic...
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
Joe.. I haven’t changed mine but it’s on it’s way. I’ve researched the location and it’s not pretty.
Like the pics A7 had it’s on the port side but behind the firewall break. You’ll have to remove the side panel forward bulkhead.
So take some pics.. get real good at getting small , then come over and change mine as I’m down to a trickle after 5 seconds
Story of my life
Like the pics A7 had it’s on the port side but behind the firewall break. You’ll have to remove the side panel forward bulkhead.
So take some pics.. get real good at getting small , then come over and change mine as I’m down to a trickle after 5 seconds
Story of my life
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
Hi Guys, Thanks so much for the info. I’ll be at the boat tomorrow and snoop till I find. Following the transom shower I kinda worried that it might be behind the firewall.
Cmattj I’ll post some pics. to see if I can help with the 5 second trickle. I got some meds for that. Doesn’t look like fixing the Cobalt may not be quite so easy.
Cmattj I’ll post some pics. to see if I can help with the 5 second trickle. I got some meds for that. Doesn’t look like fixing the Cobalt may not be quite so easy.
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
Haha. Thanks Joe! As long as it’s Canadian meds.Joe2580 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:39 pm Hi Guys, Thanks so much for the info. I’ll be at the boat tomorrow and snoop till I find. Following the transom shower I kinda worried that it might be behind the firewall.
Cmattj I’ll post some pics. to see if I can help with the 5 second trickle. I got some meds for that. Doesn’t look like fixing the Cobalt may not be quite so easy.![]()
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
Well, As Matt warned, the pump is behind the firewall in very tight quarters. I took the top portion of the panel off and peered inside. Did not look like a fun job. Resigned to a tight, hot and challenging job, I crawled out of motor compartment and pressed all the breakers again, flipped the switch, and I heard a pump!!! I don't know how or why, 'cause I had done this before, but it worked...water at head sink, at "counter" and at shower at transom. Truly a lucky day!
Now thanks to very helpful fellow Cobalt owners, I know where I need to go when pump gives out, but for now, lots of water, without jumping in the lake!!
Now thanks to very helpful fellow Cobalt owners, I know where I need to go when pump gives out, but for now, lots of water, without jumping in the lake!!
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
Good news Joe.. yep I’m sure the rigging crew at Cobalt was laughing when they found a spot for the pump
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?
.Joe2580 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm Well, As Matt warned, the pump is behind the firewall in very tight quarters. I took the top portion of the panel off and peered inside. Did not look like a fun job. Resigned to a tight, hot and challenging job, I crawled out of motor compartment and pressed all the breakers again, flipped the switch, and I heard a pump!!! I don't know how or why, 'cause I had done this before, but it worked...water at head sink, at "counter" and at shower at transom. Truly a lucky day!
Now thanks to very helpful fellow Cobalt owners, I know where I need to go when pump gives out, but for now, lots of water, without jumping in the lake!!![]()
That’s great to hear Joe!
Always exciting to find that easy fix. Makes up for the tough ones.
Enjoy!
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

