2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

(190 through 360)
Post Reply
Joe2580
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:53 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by Joe2580 »

Hi I'm new to Cobalt and this forum. I bought a 2006 282 and I am not getting potable water anywhere. Filled tank but no luck. Want to check pump but am having difficulty finding it. Any help in sharing where pump is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by Big Block Power »

Just turn it on and listen for it. Lol
Hope this helps. I just jump in the lake for my water fix. 😃
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by AsLan7 »

Joe2580 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:30 pm Hi I'm new to Cobalt and this forum. I bought a 2006 282 and I am not getting potable water anywhere. Filled tank but no luck. Want to check pump but am having difficulty finding it. Any help in sharing where pump is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
.
I just replaced my potable water pump a couple of weeks ago. Mine was on the firewall in the engine compartment in our 2005 263. Yours is most likely in a similar location. Matt will chime in though.

Here’s a pic...



.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by cmattj »

Joe.. I haven’t changed mine but it’s on it’s way. I’ve researched the location and it’s not pretty.

Like the pics A7 had it’s on the port side but behind the firewall break. You’ll have to remove the side panel forward bulkhead.

So take some pics.. get real good at getting small , then come over and change mine as I’m down to a trickle after 5 seconds😎

Story of my life
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
Joe2580
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:53 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by Joe2580 »

Hi Guys, Thanks so much for the info. I’ll be at the boat tomorrow and snoop till I find. Following the transom shower I kinda worried that it might be behind the firewall.

Cmattj I’ll post some pics. to see if I can help with the 5 second trickle. I got some meds for that. Doesn’t look like fixing the Cobalt may not be quite so easy. 😂
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by cmattj »

Joe2580 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:39 pm Hi Guys, Thanks so much for the info. I’ll be at the boat tomorrow and snoop till I find. Following the transom shower I kinda worried that it might be behind the firewall.

Cmattj I’ll post some pics. to see if I can help with the 5 second trickle. I got some meds for that. Doesn’t look like fixing the Cobalt may not be quite so easy. 😂
Haha. Thanks Joe! As long as it’s Canadian meds. :D
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
Joe2580
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:53 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by Joe2580 »

Well, As Matt warned, the pump is behind the firewall in very tight quarters. I took the top portion of the panel off and peered inside. Did not look like a fun job. Resigned to a tight, hot and challenging job, I crawled out of motor compartment and pressed all the breakers again, flipped the switch, and I heard a pump!!! I don't know how or why, 'cause I had done this before, but it worked...water at head sink, at "counter" and at shower at transom. Truly a lucky day!

Now thanks to very helpful fellow Cobalt owners, I know where I need to go when pump gives out, but for now, lots of water, without jumping in the lake!! :)
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by cmattj »

Good news Joe.. yep I’m sure the rigging crew at Cobalt was laughing when they found a spot for the pump😂
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2006 282 Where is the potable water pump?

Post by AsLan7 »

Joe2580 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm Well, As Matt warned, the pump is behind the firewall in very tight quarters. I took the top portion of the panel off and peered inside. Did not look like a fun job. Resigned to a tight, hot and challenging job, I crawled out of motor compartment and pressed all the breakers again, flipped the switch, and I heard a pump!!! I don't know how or why, 'cause I had done this before, but it worked...water at head sink, at "counter" and at shower at transom. Truly a lucky day!

Now thanks to very helpful fellow Cobalt owners, I know where I need to go when pump gives out, but for now, lots of water, without jumping in the lake!! :)
.
That’s great to hear Joe!
Always exciting to find that easy fix. Makes up for the tough ones.
Enjoy!👌🏻

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests