Hope it's less then the summerization.
Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Sorry too soon 

Maybe just a couple of plugs or wire or something small.
Maybe just a couple of plugs or wire or something small.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Said he did all that. Think he said the head gasket between 4 and 6 was toast.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Compression test will show that. That sucks donkey!!Homeskillet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:41 am Said he did all that. Think he said the head gasket between 4 and 6 was toast.
How much you going to list it for like that?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
The funny thing is we had a graduation party for my kid yesterday, and about 20 people said as they were leaving, “Congrats! I heard you are getting a Pontoon boat!!”
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
That's embarrassingHomeskillet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:33 pm The funny thing is we had a graduation party for my kid yesterday, and about 20 people said as they were leaving, “Congrats! I heard you are getting a Pontoon boat!!”
You have the 6.2 v6 right? Sorry too soon. V8.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Yeah it’s a hybrid lol
I had no idea 2 cylinders were out when we were using it. He started it on the hose so I could hear it....... sounded just like it always does!!!!
I had no idea 2 cylinders were out when we were using it. He started it on the hose so I could hear it....... sounded just like it always does!!!!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Let's get a compression check on it and you be there when he does it. Something sounds fishy here again.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Take it back and try it on the lake, see if it feels the same as it did before you brought it to him. I think you would notice if you had two dead cylinders on the same side.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
He said if I run it like it is now, I could do further damage. What do you guys think?
I did not see a whole lot of vibration from the engine when it was running - now that I think about it, I didn’t actually see any vibration. In fact, when the engine was started, I was thinking it sounded sooooo good on the hose. Nothing sounded off or stressed or whatever (I really have no idea what I would hear or see in terms of an engine running with 2 dead cylinders). Maybe I’ll YouTube it.
I did not see a whole lot of vibration from the engine when it was running - now that I think about it, I didn’t actually see any vibration. In fact, when the engine was started, I was thinking it sounded sooooo good on the hose. Nothing sounded off or stressed or whatever (I really have no idea what I would hear or see in terms of an engine running with 2 dead cylinders). Maybe I’ll YouTube it.
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
Something feels wrong about this mechanic. You would 100% know if you had two dead holes on the same bank. You would have known when you brought it to him.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
I agree... I am feeling very uneasy about it.
We were out the Friday before I took it to him for the clutch thing and had zero issues. Never ran faster than about 22 (just on plane to get some air, you know) and other than the shifting thing it was smooth as butter.
We were out the Friday before I took it to him for the clutch thing and had zero issues. Never ran faster than about 22 (just on plane to get some air, you know) and other than the shifting thing it was smooth as butter.
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Boat doesn't go into gear right away ???/
How much vibration would I feel? Would it be like when the springs went out on Clark and Hellen’s bed in Vacation???
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 73 guests