I think I was running about 53 mph before the prop work. Remember though, these numbers are not SOG so they are more than likely not be accurate. But the actual feel is accurate. I do know for sure that it is faster and much, much quicker (I mean the mid range "snap" when I pin it is very nice) and the overall improved performance is very noticeable.
Cost: $550
Trimming
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Trimming
What are the specs on the new props? This stuff is over my head but BBP and Matt love nothing more than talking prop pitch.Homeskillet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 am I think I was running about 53 mph before the prop work. Remember though, these numbers are not SOG so they are more than likely not be accurate. But the actual feel is accurate. I do know for sure that it is faster and much, much quicker (I mean the mid range "snap" when I pin it is very nice) and the overall improved performance is very noticeable.
Cost: $550
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Trimming
I couldn't give any real specs. other than one is a 26 pitch and the other is a 28. When he is done, the outer edge is smooth as silk, they are fairly sharp (you can't shave with it, but you could cut your hand if not careful) and they are like mirrors.NautiGirl wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 amWhat are the specs on the new props? This stuff is over my head but BBP and Matt love nothing more than talking prop pitch.Homeskillet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 am I think I was running about 53 mph before the prop work. Remember though, these numbers are not SOG so they are more than likely not be accurate. But the actual feel is accurate. I do know for sure that it is faster and much, much quicker (I mean the mid range "snap" when I pin it is very nice) and the overall improved performance is very noticeable.
Cost: $550
I started doing it with my fishing boats because the difference was huge. I had a Lund with a 75 tiller (back when that was considered a big tiller lol) and had trouble keeping the bow down, and the torque on my arm was getting old. I took it to John at DAH and he recommended a different prop AND he customized it. It was like having power steering and more ponies.
Last fishing boat had a 200 Verado. I had the ecu flashed and customized Rev 4. That was a 70mph boat no question (tho 66.1 was where I backed off the throttle - rogue waves on Geneva from surf boats at those speeds tend to require a change of shorts lol).
It's expensive and certainly not for everyone. Man if you boat in rocky waters and ding your props a bit here and there, I wouldn't even think about it. But if you're like me and rocks are few and far between, and you can find the greenbacks, it is a nice little bonus to an already excellent performing rig
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Trimming
I had to quit using the auto trim. On busy lake days, I found it caused more of the porpoising effect and my wife would yell at me because her sister has a bad back and it hurt.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 85 guests