New A series

User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by Driller »

:D The Trash Can is a definite upgrade to the R7, or so I have heard. :lol:
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by Tuscany »

cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/

For those with Facebook this was the link described by Team Nauti

https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
ha you beat me too it Matt! Did you notice at the very very end they show the helm and I only see 1 drive control. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mrgreen:
Yep.. they did the same with the 296 and current R30 as a single offering. Hopefully they’ll add it as it’s a 9 ft beam. And twin big blocks are a stable in 8.6 bream boats.

No online catalog yet.
I read that the A29 is a single engine platform.
BIG mistake.
Personally, I would never order a boat a pound heavier than my R7 with a single engine.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by Tuscany »

Driller wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm :D The Trash Can is a definite upgrade to the R7, or so I have heard. :lol:
Haha Driller, you definitely need to check out the brilliance of the design.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by akorcovelos »

My neighbor has a 28' Regal with a single Volvo big block and duo-prop., it's fine for inland lakes and he's been very happy with it. Not a performance boat by any means, I think it tops out in the low 50s, but I know he's probably topped it out twice since he's owned it. Just depends on how you use the boat. He cruises around to restaurants and hooks and floats off the back drinking beer 99% of the time. He'll go a whole summer on 3-4 tanks of fuel. I go through that in a month.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by liquid »

cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/

For those with Facebook this was the link described by Team Nauti

https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
It's 2019. Please turn your phone horizontally when filming.

I couldn't even watch it because this infuriated me.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by tgrace98 »

akorcovelos wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am My neighbor has a 28' Regal with a single Volvo big block and duo-prop., it's fine for inland lakes and he's been very happy with it. Not a performance boat by any means, I think it tops out in the low 50s, but I know he's probably topped it out twice since he's owned it. Just depends on how you use the boat. He cruises around to restaurants and hooks and floats off the back drinking beer 99% of the time. He'll go a whole summer on 3-4 tanks of fuel. I go through that in a month.
This is pretty much how my boating is as well. I think I had my 262 over 50 3 times. Except table rock is a large lake and I’m in a pretty busy cove that can have a pretty good cross wind. Docking a single motor 27ft boat can be quite the challenge. I wouldn’t go any larger without twins. Just for how much easier it is to dock a boat with 2 motors.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by jhnmdahl »

A bow thruster is a lot cheaper than a second engine - I wonder if we'll see those become standard as small engines put out more and more HP?
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by jhnmdahl »

AsLan7 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:09 pm Well, at least we know who the target market is now with that wheel.
Image
I don't hate the look, but white leather on a steering wheel just screams impractical. Like getting a car with white floor mats...
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by liquid »

IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by Table Rockin »

liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by liquid »

Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by liquid »

liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?

Anyone have a pic?
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:

https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by Bfun220 »

liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am

How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:

https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
This is what I saw
A-series, the yacht-certified, 7,200-lb. Model A29 is designed around a rigid Fiberglass structural grid with a deep and spacious bow area. A double-wide helm and port-side walkthrough floor plan contribute to outstanding functional interior ergonomics, and such comfort elements as an oversized head/changing room, an electric fold-down arch, 36-cubic-feet of floor storage, an optional galley with refrigerator, and optional air conditioning to the helm and day cabin enhance the luxury boating experience.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by liquid »

Bfun220 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm

ME DON'T KNOW!

Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?

Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:

https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
This is what I saw
A-series, the yacht-certified, 7,200-lb. Model A29 is designed around a rigid Fiberglass structural grid with a deep and spacious bow area. A double-wide helm and port-side walkthrough floor plan contribute to outstanding functional interior ergonomics, and such comfort elements as an oversized head/changing room, an electric fold-down arch, 36-cubic-feet of floor storage, an optional galley with refrigerator, and optional air conditioning to the helm and day cabin enhance the luxury boating experience.
People still saying it telescopes. I can't imagine how that would be possible looking at the video. They should probably saw it off. I'm still lloking for an arch.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: New A series

Post by Bfun220 »

This guy could probably help with removal.
2018 r5
2003 220
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests