New A series
Re: New A series
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
Re: New A series
I read that the A29 is a single engine platform.cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 pmYep.. they did the same with the 296 and current R30 as a single offering. Hopefully they’ll add it as it’s a 9 ft beam. And twin big blocks are a stable in 8.6 bream boats.tgrace98 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pmha you beat me too it Matt! Did you notice at the very very end they show the helm and I only see 1 drive control. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOcmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
For those with Facebook this was the link described by Team Nauti
https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/![]()
No online catalog yet.
BIG mistake.
Personally, I would never order a boat a pound heavier than my R7 with a single engine.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: New A series
Haha Driller, you definitely need to check out the brilliance of the design.Driller wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pmThe Trash Can is a definite upgrade to the R7, or so I have heard.
![]()
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: New A series
My neighbor has a 28' Regal with a single Volvo big block and duo-prop., it's fine for inland lakes and he's been very happy with it. Not a performance boat by any means, I think it tops out in the low 50s, but I know he's probably topped it out twice since he's owned it. Just depends on how you use the boat. He cruises around to restaurants and hooks and floats off the back drinking beer 99% of the time. He'll go a whole summer on 3-4 tanks of fuel. I go through that in a month.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: New A series
It's 2019. Please turn your phone horizontally when filming.cmattj wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 pm https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
For those with Facebook this was the link described by Team Nauti
https://www.facebook.com/3star/videos/1 ... 854393521/
I couldn't even watch it because this infuriated me.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: New A series
This is pretty much how my boating is as well. I think I had my 262 over 50 3 times. Except table rock is a large lake and I’m in a pretty busy cove that can have a pretty good cross wind. Docking a single motor 27ft boat can be quite the challenge. I wouldn’t go any larger without twins. Just for how much easier it is to dock a boat with 2 motors.akorcovelos wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am My neighbor has a 28' Regal with a single Volvo big block and duo-prop., it's fine for inland lakes and he's been very happy with it. Not a performance boat by any means, I think it tops out in the low 50s, but I know he's probably topped it out twice since he's owned it. Just depends on how you use the boat. He cruises around to restaurants and hooks and floats off the back drinking beer 99% of the time. He'll go a whole summer on 3-4 tanks of fuel. I go through that in a month.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- jhnmdahl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2440
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
- Location: Twin Cities, MN
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
- Contact:
Re: New A series
A bow thruster is a lot cheaper than a second engine - I wonder if we'll see those become standard as small engines put out more and more HP?
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
- jhnmdahl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2440
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
- Location: Twin Cities, MN
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
- Contact:
Re: New A series
I don't hate the look, but white leather on a steering wheel just screams impractical. Like getting a car with white floor mats...AsLan7 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:09 pm Well, at least we know who the target market is now with that wheel.
![]()
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
Re: New A series
IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?
Anyone have a pic?
Anyone have a pic?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: New A series
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?
Anyone have a pic?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Re: New A series
ME DON'T KNOW!Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 amHow would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?
Anyone have a pic?
Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?
Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: New A series
Looking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pmME DON'T KNOW!Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 amHow would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am IDK if it's been mentioned and I glazed over it but apparently the arch telescopes down vertically, flush to the windshield. So it's like a hard-top Coupe?
Anyone have a pic?
Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?
Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: New A series
This is what I sawliquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pmLooking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pmME DON'T KNOW!Table Rockin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am
How would that work? Is that a transportation or clearance thing only?
Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?
Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
A-series, the yacht-certified, 7,200-lb. Model A29 is designed around a rigid Fiberglass structural grid with a deep and spacious bow area. A double-wide helm and port-side walkthrough floor plan contribute to outstanding functional interior ergonomics, and such comfort elements as an oversized head/changing room, an electric fold-down arch, 36-cubic-feet of floor storage, an optional galley with refrigerator, and optional air conditioning to the helm and day cabin enhance the luxury boating experience.
2018 r5
2003 220
2003 220
Re: New A series
People still saying it telescopes. I can't imagine how that would be possible looking at the video. They should probably saw it off. I'm still lloking for an arch.Bfun220 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:15 pmThis is what I sawliquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:22 pmLooking this new video there's no way that thing telescopes... unless I'm missing something:liquid wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:16 pm
ME DON'T KNOW!
Someone mentioned on FB and I had to look again at the pic... it certainly looks like it (could) go/goes down and fit snugg-ly?
Who has seen one? This is why we all should've gone to Miami.
https://www.facebook.com/StokleysMarine ... 104111565/
A-series, the yacht-certified, 7,200-lb. Model A29 is designed around a rigid Fiberglass structural grid with a deep and spacious bow area. A double-wide helm and port-side walkthrough floor plan contribute to outstanding functional interior ergonomics, and such comfort elements as an oversized head/changing room, an electric fold-down arch, 36-cubic-feet of floor storage, an optional galley with refrigerator, and optional air conditioning to the helm and day cabin enhance the luxury boating experience.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot] and 48 guests
