LED Lights
LED Lights
When my boat comes out of the water, I am going to upgrade the lighting:
- Underwater lights
-Speaker Ring LEDs
-Gunwale LED strips above the cup holders
So, I've gotten a few estimates. I want to be able to sync all the colors the same at the same time, be able to dim all at once or selectively, and also have RGB so I can choose any color in the rainbow.
The estimate with the best equipment and who looks like they can do the best installation work is recommending ShadowCaster equipment.
Does anyone have this equipment, and what's your opinion.
Notice the "Made in the USA" emblem. That matters.
- Underwater lights
-Speaker Ring LEDs
-Gunwale LED strips above the cup holders
So, I've gotten a few estimates. I want to be able to sync all the colors the same at the same time, be able to dim all at once or selectively, and also have RGB so I can choose any color in the rainbow.
The estimate with the best equipment and who looks like they can do the best installation work is recommending ShadowCaster equipment.
Does anyone have this equipment, and what's your opinion.
Notice the "Made in the USA" emblem. That matters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
Re: LED Lights
Here's the vid of the controller in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFi9UMZ3xo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFi9UMZ3xo
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
Re: LED Lights
Here's a little better one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTN5vsV5OhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTN5vsV5OhE
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Cool. Haven’t seen any in action yet. You’ll be the first here with that setup. Dance party on Driller’s Boat! 
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: LED Lights
It looks like a good setup, not cheap, but it has all the bells and whistles.
Shadow-Caster has hooked up with Wet Sounds. Both are selling the same controller.
Shadow-Caster has hooked up with Wet Sounds. Both are selling the same controller.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Btw, nice desert Boat avatar! 
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
I have this and the app on my phone.I think I paid $13 works great. Magic light is the brand. Even my drain plug light is wired to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Does that work off Bluetooth, local WiFi, or phone plug?Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:40 pm I have this and the app on my phone.I think I paid $13 works great. Magic light is the brand. Even my drain plug light is wired to it.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Blue toothAsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 amDoes that work off Bluetooth, local WiFi, or phone plug?Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:40 pm I have this and the app on my phone.I think I paid $13 works great. Magic light is the brand. Even my drain plug light is wired to it.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Are you also able to play your music thru your phone via Bluetooth at the same time?Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 pmBlue toothAsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 amDoes that work off Bluetooth, local WiFi, or phone plug?Big Block Power wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:40 pm I have this and the app on my phone.I think I paid $13 works great. Magic light is the brand. Even my drain plug light is wired to it.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Yes.AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pmAre you also able to play your music thru your phone via Bluetooth at the same time?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Very cool. Dance party with song AND light control at the same time.Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pmYes.AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pmAre you also able to play your music thru your phone via Bluetooth at the same time?
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
I didn't play with the color changing with the music. I think it says it does. I don't care though I just turn it on pick a color and listen to the music. It was like $13 so I didn't care how it worked as long as it changed colors which it does very well.AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pmVery cool. Dance party with song AND light control at the same time.Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pmYes.AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:13 pm
Are you also able to play your music thru your phone via Bluetooth at the same time?![]()
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: LED Lights
Not that you need an endorsement but after seeing your set up I really like what you've done.Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:22 pmI didn't play with the color changing with the music. I think it says it does. I don't care though I just turn it on pick a color and listen to the music. It was like $13 so I didn't care how it worked as long as it changed colors which it does very well.AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pmVery cool. Dance party with song AND light control at the same time.![]()
2018 r5
2003 220
2003 220
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: LED Lights
Thanks B.Bfun220 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:41 pmNot that you need an endorsement but after seeing your set up I really like what you've done.Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:22 pmI didn't play with the color changing with the music. I think it says it does. I don't care though I just turn it on pick a color and listen to the music. It was like $13 so I didn't care how it worked as long as it changed colors which it does very well.AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm
Very cool. Dance party with song AND light control at the same time.![]()
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: DuckDuckGo [Bot] and 56 guests
