R6 Outboard Delivered

Post Reply
dgangwer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 pm
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Contact:

R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by dgangwer »

After months of anticipation, the boat is here. Marine Connection in West Palm Beach was my dealer and has been superb throughout the process. They hooked me up with better financing and insurance than I found on my own.
IMG-2966 (1).jpg
IMG-2967 (2).jpg
IMG-2961.jpg
IMG-2960.jpg
IMG-2962.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
I will add another topic about the disappointing discovery of seawater intrusion coming from the motor mounting bolts. The dealer is on it and was quick to respond. Had I taken delivery in Virginia vice Florida, I would be 3+ hours by land to the dealer. This was one of the big drivers on the choice for Florida delivery.

The leak was discovered as we anchored and oriented ourselves to the boat. Thank goodness for bilge pumps! Saltwater in the bilge is not what I expected from such a high quality boat. That said, it is beautiful and I have no regrets about any of the options. Still have a lot to get familiar with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by tgrace98 »

Such a beautiful boat! I am sure you will loce her for years to come.

That sucks about the water intrusion. I would think the dealer would have caught that during PDI. But glad it is getting resolved!
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
anothershotinthehead
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:10 pm
Location: Jersey Shore
Contact:

Re: R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by anothershotinthehead »

She's beautiful. Hope the fix is fast so you can enjoy her to the fullest.
2021 Navy, Red and White 25SC
Metedeconk River & Northern Barnegat Bay
1993 24' Baja Outlaw - retired
1996 21' Sea Ray - retired
1998 20' Monterey - retired
1988 18' HobieCat - retired
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by Big Block Power »

Congrats. A beauty. So much room inside! How did the 300 push her?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
dgangwer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 pm
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by dgangwer »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:04 pm Congrats. A beauty. So much room inside! How did the 300 push her?
I'm historically a power guy and figured I'd get the 350. There was a previous post here where someone knew someone who bought the 350 but then traded to a bigger boat. Upon reflection, that owner indicated it was overkill and the 300 would be plenty.

Talked with the Mercury folks at the Ft Lauderdale boat show and that coupled with continued research persuaded me to go with the 300 V8 vice inline 6, older technology, supercharged 350. In my two days of boating, the motor is excellent.
User avatar
Krob1114
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1876
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
Contact:

Re: R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by Krob1114 »

Great looking boat.
Pictures make me miss South Florida.
Good luck.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Luv2HuntAR
Commander
Commander
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 10:18 am
Location: Little Rock, AR
Contact:

Re: R6 Outboard Delivered

Post by Luv2HuntAR »

Good looking boat. Love the layout of the outboard R6. I had never paid much attention in the past. Have fun.
_____________________________________
2020 Cobalt R5 - Volvo 350
Ebony with Knockout Red Accent
“Dirty Doris”
Lake Ouachita- Mountain Harbor
Little Rock, AR
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests