OEM Sony Remote Commanders not working after speaker upgrades
OEM Sony Remote Commanders not working after speaker upgrades
I recently added some amps and new speakers to the system. I kept the original Sony head unit and Sony remote commander (MRC-2) remotes at the helm and swim platform. They worked previously and now they do not work at all. The wiring changes that I made were all new wiring for the speakers, tied the head unit power into one of the accessory switches, ran a dedicated ground from the head unit to the battery to eliminate noise and wired the head unit memory wire directly to a battery. Head unit works fine. I can't find a manual or wiring schematic for the remotes but from pictures I have found it looks like they are connected to the head unit via a mini stereo connector and they have an orange wire for illumination. I don't believe the illumination has ever worked. Do they get power through the mini stereo connector? Any ideas as to why they don't work anymore? Thanks
2000 206 - Mercruiser 5.7L EFI and Bravo One
Re: OEM Sony Remote Commanders not working after speaker upgrades
Determined that it was a bad audio cable going to the helm remote control. Now I can't figure out why the remotes don't illuminate. If I put power to them individually they light up. Traced the power wire (orange wire with red stripe) to under the dash but it just does a loop and goes back out without connecting to anything. Anyone with the factory remotes know what switch or activity turns them on?
2000 206 - Mercruiser 5.7L EFI and Bravo One
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: OEM Sony Remote Commanders not working after speaker upgrades
I guess I never looked at mine in the dark. I had one not work at one time. I just unplugged it and cleaned the plug and put it back in and it worked.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests
