Accessories switches/buttons on R3
-
Elkhunter2372
- Commander

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
- Location: Colorado
- Contact:
Accessories switches/buttons on R3
Anyone know if these are wired into the harness or have Deutch type pin connectors on them for easy plug and play?
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
-
Norris_Boating
- Captain

- Posts: 481
- Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am
- Location: Tennessee
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
I know on my R7 when I wired the underwater lights there was a Deutch pin connector already in the back of the boat. I would assume it would be similar on the R3 that the wires are pre run to where the accessory should normally be.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
-
Elkhunter2372
- Commander

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
- Location: Colorado
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
What I mean is on the actual switch itself...I think my dash has at least one button that is just labeled as "accessory" but I haven't had time to dig into it and see what is behind the switch. I found the same wireless phone charger that Cobalt is putting on the R6 and am considering purchasing it. I was going to hook it into the accessory switch.Norris_Boating wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:42 am I know on my R7 when I wired the underwater lights there was a Deutch pin connector already in the back of the boat. I would assume it would be similar on the R3 that the wires are pre run to where the accessory should normally be.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
-
Norris_Boating
- Captain

- Posts: 481
- Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am
- Location: Tennessee
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
My guess would be yes but I don't know for sure.
can you post a link to the phone charger? I might do the same.
can you post a link to the phone charger? I might do the same.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
-
Elkhunter2372
- Commander

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
- Location: Colorado
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
I'm almost positive this is the same charger Cobalt is using....it's a Scanstrut Rokk...if you watch the R6 feature video where they show all the interior and show the wireless charger...this one looks exactly the same. Spring loaded cradle that holds phone secure.Norris_Boating wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 am My guess would be yes but I don't know for sure.
can you post a link to the phone charger? I might do the same.
https://scanstrut.com/products/waterpro ... -04-detail
I am NOT an electrician and I'm technically challenged so I was hoping for something simple coming off of the switch without having to do any cutting or splicing of wires. The charger has a black and a red wire...that's it so was going to take the red to the accessory switch and the black to the ground block. Any flaw in my thinking?
I'm also looking at adding the underwater lighting on the drain plug with the Diablo system...think I can handle that since I found the Deutch connectors on Amazon with a pigtail already on it so I don't have to crimp the connector.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
You should be good to go. Add a inline fuse though. I think green hut posted pictures of where the connectors are on the transom harness too.Elkhunter2372 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:56 amI'm almost positive this is the same charger Cobalt is using....it's a Scanstrut Rokk...if you watch the R6 feature video where they show all the interior and show the wireless charger...this one looks exactly the same. Spring loaded cradle that holds phone secure.Norris_Boating wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 am My guess would be yes but I don't know for sure.
can you post a link to the phone charger? I might do the same.
https://scanstrut.com/products/waterpro ... -04-detail
I am NOT an electrician and I'm technically challenged so I was hoping for something simple coming off of the switch without having to do any cutting or splicing of wires. The charger has a black and a red wire...that's it so was going to take the red to the accessory switch and the black to the ground block. Any flaw in my thinking?
I'm also looking at adding the underwater lighting on the drain plug with the Diablo system...think I can handle that since I found the Deutch connectors on Amazon with a pigtail already on it so I don't have to crimp the connector.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Elkhunter2372
- Commander

- Posts: 158
- Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
- Location: Colorado
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
Finally got my ScanStrut Rokk wireless charger installed last weekend! Love it so far!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill Hampton
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
2021 Cobalt R3
Navy with Yellow Edge stripe, White bottom
350 HP Volvo Evc with Duo Prop
Grand Junction, CO
Lake Powell, UT
Western Colorado lakes
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Accessories switches/buttons on R3
I can confirm that the accessory switch on an R3 is connected to a prewired Deustch connector under the dash. I used it to power my chartplotter as the glass screens came out the year after mine. Very simple plug and play. I ordered a Deustch connect with pigtails from Amazon (about $6) and then spliced the wire. Whole thing took about 20 mins to find and wire.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot] and 26 guests