Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

(Cobalt Boats)
Post Reply
User avatar
kbloom72
Commander
Commander
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by kbloom72 »

Hey Y'all,

I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.

Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.

Thanks!
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by Big Block Power »

kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am Hey Y'all,

I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.

Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.

Thanks!
Congrats. Let's just convert the 206 trailer to fit 🤔
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
kbloom72
Commander
Commander
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by kbloom72 »

Thanks! Cannot wait!

Would be a tight fit on that trailer! And It went with the 206 when it sold last week.
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by ajcampen »

kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am Hey Y'all,

I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.

Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.

Thanks!
If you plan on keeping the boat for a number of years and the more you think you will use your trailer you might just order a custom trailer from one of the good mfg. I like loadmaster out of ohio, phoenix trailers out of northern Michigan and I know heritage is ion the IL area.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by Big Block Power »

ajcampen wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:36 pm
kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am Hey Y'all,

I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.

Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.

Thanks!
If you plan on keeping the boat for a number of years and the more you think you will use your trailer you might just order a custom trailer from one of the good mfg. I like loadmaster out of ohio, phoenix trailers out of northern Michigan and I know heritage is ion the IL area.
Ok he made 2 out 3 good points for you. Let's get one ordered 👍
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
kbloom72
Commander
Commander
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by kbloom72 »

I appreciate all the advice. I've been in contact with Phoenix and Venture trailers already. It's a shame because I really don't use the trailer but in the winter for storage.

I store the boat on a trailer for $200, October thru April. To store it off the trailer for the winter it's 4 times that so I figure it's more cost effective to buy one.
2005 Cobalt 262
Fox River Grove, IL
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262

Post by ajcampen »

kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:36 pm I appreciate all the advice. I've been in contact with Phoenix and Venture trailers already. It's a shame because I really don't use the trailer but in the winter for storage.

I store the boat on a trailer for $200, October thru April. To store it off the trailer for the winter it's 4 times that so I figure it's more cost effective to buy one.
Then buy a low cost adjustable trailer. Nothing custom
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests