2008 Cobalt 220 Tower Diameter

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
User avatar
ebcolema
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 9:13 am
Location: Georgia
Contact:

2008 Cobalt 220 Tower Diameter

Post by ebcolema »

First, I really appreciate all of the feedback and answered questions from this group. This is my first Cobalt, bought used obviously, and so I'm learning everything for the first time. I was surprised at how unhelpful the owner's manual was, but this forum has been great and I'm happy to have it as a resource. I have a couple of other questions if you guys wouldn't mind:

1. Anyone know the diameter of the tower for this model? It seems to be the factory installed version (pic attached). Obviously I could just measure, but it's at the marina and I'm not and I'm thinking of ordering a wakeboard rack. Any particular recommendations for a rack by the way? My covered slip is only 10ft wide and I'm thinking I'll need to be able to quick release the rack on and off going in and out of the slip to avoid it snagging it on the support poles.

2. I don't know what to call this piece, but the piece of white rubber that runs along the lip of the engine cover towards the cabin, visible with the engine cover raised, that goes along the bottom edge of the engine cover that rests on the deck/bench when closed--maybe the trim, or bumper? Not the black rubber gaskets that line the engine compartment, but the white rubber part attached to the cover edge. Anyway, its come unattached and flops down when I open the cover. I suspect it just needs to be glued back on, but with what? What product should I use for that?

3. Port-side dry storage--the "glove box"--always requires a little fist bump to get it to stay latched. Seems to need a tiny bit of adjustment. Any ideas?

4. Retractable ski pylon always opens nicely, but then puts up a fight to turn back around and go down. Requires lots of wiggling and is frustrating to get it to turn back after its opened and locked into place. I suspect it just needs to be cleaned/lubed. Can I just remove the two screws there and lift the whole assembly out to clean? What should I lube it with?

5. Does anyone have a favorite wakeboard/ski mirror and where do you mount it? I would prefer, I think, to mount it overhead if possible vs. window.

Thanks again all.
2008-COBALT-220-Buford-Consigned-C31669-439993.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 Cobalt 220 5.7 Volvo Penta DP
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: 2008 Cobalt 220 Tower Diameter

Post by ajcampen »

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1479&p=31549&hilit=Mirror#p31549

Above is link to the current mirror on my boat from factory. You can buy direct
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2008 Cobalt 220 Tower Diameter

Post by Big Block Power »

That's the best mirror Aj showed a link too. I'm to cheap to buy it.
Great lakes Skipper has the trim. I haven't found a great product to hold it in place. I used locktite stuff and silicone.
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/cobal ... e-vinyl-ft

The tower I believe youts is 2 inch. It looks the same as the Nauti's. Go on Samson website. I got mine with a rotator thing off ebay is ok but I had to modify it so it worked better. But your head is always hitting it and it's always in the way.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: 2008 Cobalt 220 Tower Diameter

Post by Driller »

ajcampen wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:33 pm viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1479&p=31549&hilit=Mirror#p31549

Above is link to the current mirror on my boat from factory. You can buy direct
I installed the same mirror on my boat last season. Pricey but worth every penny.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
SAB220
Captain
Captain
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:44 am
Location: Maine
Contact:

Re: 2008 Cobalt 220 Tower Diameter

Post by SAB220 »

C = πd
C/3.14 = d

C = Circumference of tower (inches)
π = pie (3.14)
d = diameter (inches)
2004 220
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests