Fuel Costs
- Jeeper
- Captain

- Posts: 242
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:44 pm
- Location: South Jordan ut
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
When diesel fuel is loaded at a terminal if red dye is injected at this time it does not have any federal or state road taxes added to the cost. When clear diesel is loaded it has a destination of which state it goes to so the taxes will be paid to that state. Clear diesel can be used read tax free when being for off road use including equipment,heating, marine and solvent.
When the quarterly IFTA fuel reports you state how many gallons were used for on road and which states it was used in so each state can get its share of the fuel taxes.
The off road gallons the taxes are refunded to you.
Buying gas on the water is like buying propane for vehicle, if it goes in a vehicle mounted fuel tank the road taxes are paid at the time of purchase. If you get a portable propane tank filled there are no taxes charged.
I personally don’t know anyone that would buy more expensive gasoline on the water and pump it out of their boat into into their truck to avoid paying the road taxes.
When the quarterly IFTA fuel reports you state how many gallons were used for on road and which states it was used in so each state can get its share of the fuel taxes.
The off road gallons the taxes are refunded to you.
Buying gas on the water is like buying propane for vehicle, if it goes in a vehicle mounted fuel tank the road taxes are paid at the time of purchase. If you get a portable propane tank filled there are no taxes charged.
I personally don’t know anyone that would buy more expensive gasoline on the water and pump it out of their boat into into their truck to avoid paying the road taxes.
2019 R5 Surf 380 VP.
Re: Fuel Costs
Where is the middle finger emojimdadgar wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:50 pmEvery time I gas up at Holiday Island, I am reminded that marina gas in Arkansas is cheaper than street gas in California.tgrace98 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:39 pm The marina I gas up on at TRL is 3.69/gal for 91 no ethanol. I guess that isn't to terrible. Although I did run through about 120 gallons over the past 10 days![]()
![]()
- Mark
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
Our marina has had mid grade no ethanol at $3.99 all summer.
I saw one of those 25 gallon gas tanks with hose on Overtons.com for around $300.
It would pay for itself in one year or less. But probably too much trouble for us.
When we pull up to the marina, we're ready to get on the water. Plus, that's a lot of weight in the back of a SUV.
I saw one of those 25 gallon gas tanks with hose on Overtons.com for around $300.
It would pay for itself in one year or less. But probably too much trouble for us.
When we pull up to the marina, we're ready to get on the water. Plus, that's a lot of weight in the back of a SUV.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
Re: Fuel Costs
Unless you are at a private dock. It is illegal to fill your tank with gas cans. At least it is in Missouri, Dockmaster sees you coming down the ramp with gas cans they are allowed to kick you out.Krob1114 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:14 am Our marina has had mid grade no ethanol at $3.99 all summer.
I saw one of those 25 gallon gas tanks with hose on Overtons.com for around $300.
It would pay for itself in one year or less. But probably too much trouble for us.
When we pull up to the marina, we're ready to get on the water. Plus, that's a lot of weight in the back of a SUV.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
I didn't think about that.
I'm sure it's the same on all lakes controlled by the Core of Engineers.
I'm sure it's the same on all lakes controlled by the Core of Engineers.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
Re: Fuel Costs
oh yeah 100% illegal on a COE lake. I am sure there are signs all over your marina.Krob1114 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 am I didn't think about that.
I'm sure it's the same on all lakes controlled by the Core of Engineers.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
Summer of 2009, we went to Branson with friends that had big time share. Played a lot of golf. Relaxed. One day we were looking for something to do different, so my buddy suggests we rent a boat. We did. As I'm leaving marina office, he went back and rented a tube for my 10 year old daughter. I didn't even know what tubing was. My daughter enjoyed it so much, my wife started talking about buying a boat. By the next year we did. We've been broke ever since, but love it. A free vacation dwelling ended up costing us a lot.
Been back to TRL a few times and always had a great time. We were there last year for NCAA Final Four Weekend and just did the tourist things with no boating. First time at Top of the Rock. Went to some wine tasting event, even though I don't drink wine.
I'm sure it's a great place for weekend retreats. My wife loves all the things to do there.
Our lake is in dry county; very few restaurants; no spas; but I like it because its cheaper that way and we focus more on boating activities.
Really enjoying this site and thank you.
Been back to TRL a few times and always had a great time. We were there last year for NCAA Final Four Weekend and just did the tourist things with no boating. First time at Top of the Rock. Went to some wine tasting event, even though I don't drink wine.
I'm sure it's a great place for weekend retreats. My wife loves all the things to do there.
Our lake is in dry county; very few restaurants; no spas; but I like it because its cheaper that way and we focus more on boating activities.
Really enjoying this site and thank you.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
Re: Fuel Costs
That’s how we ended up with a place on table rock. My wife loves Branson and I love TRL. So we bought a place and now I’ve got her absolutely hooked on boating and hanging out on the lake. Summer months we rarely go into town. But with boating season coming to an end we will still make a couple trips a month down there and just do the tourist stuff.Krob1114 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:35 am Summer of 2009, we went to Branson with friends that had big time share. Played a lot of golf. Relaxed. One day we were looking for something to do different, so my buddy suggests we rent a boat. We did. As I'm leaving marina office, he went back and rented a tube for my 10 year old daughter. I didn't even know what tubing was. My daughter enjoyed it so much, my wife started talking about buying a boat. By the next year we did. We've been broke ever since, but love it. A free vacation dwelling ended up costing us a lot.
Been back to TRL a few times and always had a great time. We were there last year for NCAA Final Four Weekend and just did the tourist things with no boating. First time at Top of the Rock. Went to some wine tasting event, even though I don't drink wine.
I'm sure it's a great place for weekend retreats. My wife loves all the things to do there.
Our lake is in dry county; very few restaurants; no spas; but I like it because its cheaper that way and we focus more on boating activities.
Really enjoying this site and thank you.
Well next summer you, the wife, and that beautiful R3 should make the trip up for the Regatta. This past summer we had most of the core group of chatters come and I’m sure next summer will only be bigger. It’s the weekend of July 25th
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
By the way, I grew up outside of Rolla, Mo. In a small railroad town called Newburg.
First time I ever heard of Wentzville was when my basketball coach took a higher paying job there in the late 60's.
We went up there the next season to see him, and at that time, there was a lot of empty land between you and St. Louis.
Still root for the Cardinals. If we go to lake this weekend, I may have to over rule wife and find Cardinals on radio.
First time I ever heard of Wentzville was when my basketball coach took a higher paying job there in the late 60's.
We went up there the next season to see him, and at that time, there was a lot of empty land between you and St. Louis.
Still root for the Cardinals. If we go to lake this weekend, I may have to over rule wife and find Cardinals on radio.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
Sorry go Cubs!!Krob1114 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 am By the way, I grew up outside of Rolla, Mo. In a small railroad town called Newburg.
First time I ever heard of Wentzville was when my basketball coach took a higher paying job there in the late 60's.
We went up there the next season to see him, and at that time, there was a lot of empty land between you and St. Louis.
Still root for the Cardinals. If we go to lake this weekend, I may have to over rule wife and find Cardinals on radio.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Fuel Costs
Nice! I pass through Rolla all the time on my way to the lake. I wanted to go to College there but I wasn't smart enough lol. And yes go Cards! I can't believe it has to come down to this weekend due to the pesky Brewers.Krob1114 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 am By the way, I grew up outside of Rolla, Mo. In a small railroad town called Newburg.
First time I ever heard of Wentzville was when my basketball coach took a higher paying job there in the late 60's.
We went up there the next season to see him, and at that time, there was a lot of empty land between you and St. Louis.
Still root for the Cardinals. If we go to lake this weekend, I may have to over rule wife and find Cardinals on radio.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
I got gas in Rollatgrace98 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:14 pmNice! I pass through Rolla all the time on my way to the lake. I wanted to go to College there but I wasn't smart enough lol. And yes go Cards! I can't believe it has to come down to this weekend due to the pesky Brewers.Krob1114 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 am By the way, I grew up outside of Rolla, Mo. In a small railroad town called Newburg.
First time I ever heard of Wentzville was when my basketball coach took a higher paying job there in the late 60's.
We went up there the next season to see him, and at that time, there was a lot of empty land between you and St. Louis.
Still root for the Cardinals. If we go to lake this weekend, I may have to over rule wife and find Cardinals on radio.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
Cards hold on! Barely!
TG: We go to TRL coming north on US 65 from Conway thru Little Rock.
We never made it to lake when I was growing up.
My mom wanted me to go to Rolla, it was UMR at the time, but I told here there were only 200 girls there at the time, and one was my sister and the another was my mom. Bad odds.
TG: We go to TRL coming north on US 65 from Conway thru Little Rock.
We never made it to lake when I was growing up.
My mom wanted me to go to Rolla, it was UMR at the time, but I told here there were only 200 girls there at the time, and one was my sister and the another was my mom. Bad odds.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
Sounds like Wyoming. Men are men and the sheep are scaredKrob1114 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:10 am Cards hold on! Barely!
TG: We go to TRL coming north on US 65 from Conway thru Little Rock.
We never made it to lake when I was growing up.
My mom wanted me to go to Rolla, it was UMR at the time, but I told here there were only 200 girls there at the time, and one was my sister and the another was my mom. Bad odds.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: Fuel Costs
That's Montana in my joke history.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests
