Page 3 of 3

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm
by Big Block Power
ajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lol

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 pm
by Driller
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm
ajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lol
That only works for you shallow water guys. 25' would only reach 30% of the way to btm on my lake. The more role the merrier is my motto.

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:40 pm
by Big Block Power
Driller wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm
ajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lol
That only works for you shallow water guys. 25' would only reach 30% of the way to btm on my lake. The more role the merrier is my motto.
That's deep here. I normally only use 6 feet and that's double. Lol

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm
by Ytmsn
Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 pm
by Bfun220
Not sure why your having trouble. Mine digs well with no chain. Get it ? Digs. Digger.😁
But I would think chain would differently made it dig better.

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:07 pm
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
Yt 5 ft isn't going to help when your in 300 feet of water. Lol.
So jealous bud

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:22 am
by Driller
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
It’s because most of the time I don’t have enough role to meet the 3:1 (or even 2:1) ratio. The chain helps.