Anchor for 2013 220

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Big Block Power »

ajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Driller »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm
ajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lol
That only works for you shallow water guys. 25' would only reach 30% of the way to btm on my lake. The more role the merrier is my motto.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Big Block Power »

Driller wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pm
ajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lol
That only works for you shallow water guys. 25' would only reach 30% of the way to btm on my lake. The more role the merrier is my motto.
That's deep here. I normally only use 6 feet and that's double. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Ytmsn »

Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Bfun220 »

Not sure why your having trouble. Mine digs well with no chain. Get it ? Digs. Digger.😁
But I would think chain would differently made it dig better.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Big Block Power »

Ytmsn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
Yt 5 ft isn't going to help when your in 300 feet of water. Lol.
So jealous bud
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Anchor for 2013 220

Post by Driller »

Ytmsn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
It’s because most of the time I don’t have enough role to meet the 3:1 (or even 2:1) ratio. The chain helps.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests