Page 3 of 3

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:05 pm
by Chrispval
Definately need both. Its snowing here so no update yet. I am a little confused, as they sent me the 24 V. I dont think my boat has 2 batteries hooked in series so I would need 12 V. I may need to ship these back for the 12 V part.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 am
by Big Block Power
Chrispval wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:05 pm Definately need both. Its snowing here so no update yet. I am a little confused, as they sent me the 24 V. I dont think my boat has 2 batteries hooked in series so I would need 12 V. I may need to ship these back for the 12 V part.
Got ya. I thought I saw that in the spec sheet you sent. Let's see what lenco says.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:54 pm
by jeffmeag
Just curious, any updates on this?

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:27 pm
by Big Block Power
jeffmeag wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:54 pm Just curious, any updates on this?
Still work in process. Lots of road blocks though. He will explain. Once he or we can figure this out it will be big I think. So shhhh till we do. 😂

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:00 pm
by CaptBob
Anxiously awaiting. I was wondering about the 24V also. I played with my arch a weekend ago. It has a spring loaded something that holds it up when the knobs are loose, you physically have to pull it down, That may be an advantage as the actuators are not really lowering the entire weight, just the sprung/unsprung load.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:24 pm
by Big Block Power
We really need someone with the electric one already to help out with some parts id.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:57 pm
by Chrispval
Being told that cobalt shut down for inventory. They reopen next week and I should have the parts to finally start this project

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 pm
by Chrispval
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:27 pm
jeffmeag wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:54 pm Just curious, any updates on this?
Still work in process. Lots of road blocks though. He will explain. Once he or we can figure this out it will be big I think. So shhhh till we do. 😂

Here is the Official parts list. Everything arrove today.

410171 SWITCH,2 POSITION -- qty 1

410198 BOOT,TOGGLE --qty 1

410726 BREAKER,5 AMP,WH/BUTN. – Qty 2

414014 SWITCH,M/BOX DP DT ROCKER—Qty 1

414441 KIT,MOTOR,ELECTRIC DAGGER –qty 1 (see
My prior post though. I may not have the complete kit; but Samson sent me this directly - 2 Lenco actuators for a very affordable price. I believe the kit likely has some other parts besides the 2 actuators - so I will need to clarify this with cobalt.

414602 PIGTAIL,ARCH SWITCH –qty 1

414603 PIGTAIL,ARCH,POWER SWITCH – qty 1

414704 HARNESS,ELECTRIC,ARCH— qty 1

502101BL PANEL,ARCH,ELECTRIC -- qty 1

503009BL PANEL,ARCH,POWER – qty 1

Total cost was $300 or thereabouts from cobalt plus the dagger motor kit (quoted from cobalt for additional $1600). Samson actuators cost me much less ($225 each).

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:29 am
by Big Block Power
Awesome so where the 24v actuators correct?

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 am
by CaptBob
Are those Cobalt part numbers, and will they sell them to you even though they are not original equipment for you? Or are they gonna wonder why the electric arch has been repaired on the same boat 17 times? :o

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:18 pm
by Big Block Power
CaptBob wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 am Are those Cobalt part numbers, and will they sell them to you even though they are not original equipment for you? Or are they gonna wonder why the electric arch has been repaired on the same boat 17 times? :o
Shhhhh

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm
by Chrispval
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:29 am Awesome so where the 24v actuators correct?
Yes as far as I can tell my battery bank is wired in series.

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:30 am
by CaptBob
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:18 pm
CaptBob wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 am Are those Cobalt part numbers, and will they sell them to you even though they are not original equipment for you? Or are they gonna wonder why the electric arch has been repaired on the same boat 17 times? :o
Shhhhh
knownothing.jpg

Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:49 pm
by Big Block Power
Anything new here to report yet?