Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Definately need both. Its snowing here so no update yet. I am a little confused, as they sent me the 24 V. I dont think my boat has 2 batteries hooked in series so I would need 12 V. I may need to ship these back for the 12 V part.
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Got ya. I thought I saw that in the spec sheet you sent. Let's see what lenco says.Chrispval wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:05 pm Definately need both. Its snowing here so no update yet. I am a little confused, as they sent me the 24 V. I dont think my boat has 2 batteries hooked in series so I would need 12 V. I may need to ship these back for the 12 V part.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Just curious, any updates on this?
2017 R5
Shale w Black Boot Stripe
VP 350 hp
Shale w Black Boot Stripe
VP 350 hp
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Still work in process. Lots of road blocks though. He will explain. Once he or we can figure this out it will be big I think. So shhhh till we do.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Anxiously awaiting. I was wondering about the 24V also. I played with my arch a weekend ago. It has a spring loaded something that holds it up when the knobs are loose, you physically have to pull it down, That may be an advantage as the actuators are not really lowering the entire weight, just the sprung/unsprung load.
Capt Bob
Admiral Elaine
Currently a whole lot less Boatless, Now have possession of a new R5!
2020 R5 6.2 350 HP Merc
Admiral Elaine
Currently a whole lot less Boatless, Now have possession of a new R5!
2020 R5 6.2 350 HP Merc
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
We really need someone with the electric one already to help out with some parts id.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Being told that cobalt shut down for inventory. They reopen next week and I should have the parts to finally start this project
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:27 pmStill work in process. Lots of road blocks though. He will explain. Once he or we can figure this out it will be big I think. So shhhh till we do.![]()
Here is the Official parts list. Everything arrove today.
410171 SWITCH,2 POSITION -- qty 1
410198 BOOT,TOGGLE --qty 1
410726 BREAKER,5 AMP,WH/BUTN. – Qty 2
414014 SWITCH,M/BOX DP DT ROCKER—Qty 1
414441 KIT,MOTOR,ELECTRIC DAGGER –qty 1 (see
My prior post though. I may not have the complete kit; but Samson sent me this directly - 2 Lenco actuators for a very affordable price. I believe the kit likely has some other parts besides the 2 actuators - so I will need to clarify this with cobalt.
414602 PIGTAIL,ARCH SWITCH –qty 1
414603 PIGTAIL,ARCH,POWER SWITCH – qty 1
414704 HARNESS,ELECTRIC,ARCH— qty 1
502101BL PANEL,ARCH,ELECTRIC -- qty 1
503009BL PANEL,ARCH,POWER – qty 1
Total cost was $300 or thereabouts from cobalt plus the dagger motor kit (quoted from cobalt for additional $1600). Samson actuators cost me much less ($225 each).
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Awesome so where the 24v actuators correct?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Are those Cobalt part numbers, and will they sell them to you even though they are not original equipment for you? Or are they gonna wonder why the electric arch has been repaired on the same boat 17 times? 
Capt Bob
Admiral Elaine
Currently a whole lot less Boatless, Now have possession of a new R5!
2020 R5 6.2 350 HP Merc
Admiral Elaine
Currently a whole lot less Boatless, Now have possession of a new R5!
2020 R5 6.2 350 HP Merc
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
ShhhhhCaptBob wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 am Are those Cobalt part numbers, and will they sell them to you even though they are not original equipment for you? Or are they gonna wonder why the electric arch has been repaired on the same boat 17 times?![]()
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Yes as far as I can tell my battery bank is wired in series.
2018 Cobalt R3WSS 350 Volvo
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:18 pmShhhhhCaptBob wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:29 am Are those Cobalt part numbers, and will they sell them to you even though they are not original equipment for you? Or are they gonna wonder why the electric arch has been repaired on the same boat 17 times?![]()
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Capt Bob
Admiral Elaine
Currently a whole lot less Boatless, Now have possession of a new R5!
2020 R5 6.2 350 HP Merc
Admiral Elaine
Currently a whole lot less Boatless, Now have possession of a new R5!
2020 R5 6.2 350 HP Merc
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Upgrade to Electric folding arch R3
Anything new here to report yet?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests

