New Boat needed
New Boat needed
Man, I have only owned by '99 190 for 1 week and I am now dying to buy a brand new CS23! There is a pretty good discount going on the website right now, can built my dream boat for $95k (32k off) - of course I wont do it (yet), but I would love some feedback on the CS23? for the future you know!
the 190 is one Hell of a boat! took it out to long beach saturday. with a full load (full tank of fuel, 5 adults and 2 kids) I was able to hit 52 mph - dropped one adult and hit 55 mph.
the 190 is one Hell of a boat! took it out to long beach saturday. with a full load (full tank of fuel, 5 adults and 2 kids) I was able to hit 52 mph - dropped one adult and hit 55 mph.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 Cobalt 190
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
Re: New Boat needed
You have a good looking 190.
I had a 220 for the summer and thought the same thing. We just sold it last week and Wednesday we are going down to finalize our CS23 order and place the down payment.
I had a 220 for the summer and thought the same thing. We just sold it last week and Wednesday we are going down to finalize our CS23 order and place the down payment.
CS23
Re: New Boat needed
dustinm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 pm You have a good looking 190.
I had a 220 for the summer and thought the same thing. We just sold it last week and Wednesday we are going down to finalize our CS23 order and place the down payment.
awesome, congrats! can I ask you a couple questions?
1. when I build the boat, it doesnt show the amount for the trailer add - how much did that run you?
2. what is the amount of the downpayment?
3. is the discount what is shown on the website int he build, or is it based on the incentives when it is delivered?
4. final, how long is delivery taking for a build?
1999 Cobalt 190
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
Re: New Boat needed
For that kind of money find a R3,5 or 7. Trailer prob $7k or soocurtis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:30 pmdustinm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 pm You have a good looking 190.
I had a 220 for the summer and thought the same thing. We just sold it last week and Wednesday we are going down to finalize our CS23 order and place the down payment.
awesome, congrats! can I ask you a couple questions?
1. when I build the boat, it doesnt show the amount for the trailer add - how much did that run you?
2. what is the amount of the downpayment?
3. is the discount what is shown on the website int he build, or is it based on the incentives when it is delivered?
4. final, how long is delivery taking for a build?
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: New Boat needed
$95k for a brand new boat with all the options I am looking for? the equivalent built R3 is $140k.ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:02 pmFor that kind of money find a R3,5 or 7. Trailer prob $7k or soocurtis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:30 pmdustinm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 pm You have a good looking 190.
I had a 220 for the summer and thought the same thing. We just sold it last week and Wednesday we are going down to finalize our CS23 order and place the down payment.
awesome, congrats! can I ask you a couple questions?
1. when I build the boat, it doesnt show the amount for the trailer add - how much did that run you?
2. what is the amount of the downpayment?
3. is the discount what is shown on the website int he build, or is it based on the incentives when it is delivered?
4. final, how long is delivery taking for a build?
1999 Cobalt 190
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
5.0 EFI w/ BV3
San Diego CA
Re: New Boat needed
MSRP and street price are often different. I've seen people work deals all the way to 30% off. Just depends on the area and how hungry the dealer is to sell their build slot allocation.ocurtis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 pm$95k for a brand new boat with all the options I am looking for? the equivalent built R3 is $140k.ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:02 pmFor that kind of money find a R3,5 or 7. Trailer prob $7k or soocurtis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:30 pm
awesome, congrats! can I ask you a couple questions?
1. when I build the boat, it doesnt show the amount for the trailer add - how much did that run you?
2. what is the amount of the downpayment?
3. is the discount what is shown on the website int he build, or is it based on the incentives when it is delivered?
4. final, how long is delivery taking for a build?
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: New Boat needed
Get a slightly used one is what I am saying
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: New Boat needed
1. New trailers here are $4600 listocurtis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:30 pmdustinm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 pm You have a good looking 190.
I had a 220 for the summer and thought the same thing. We just sold it last week and Wednesday we are going down to finalize our CS23 order and place the down payment.
awesome, congrats! can I ask you a couple questions?
1. when I build the boat, it doesnt show the amount for the trailer add - how much did that run you?
2. what is the amount of the downpayment?
3. is the discount what is shown on the website int he build, or is it based on the incentives when it is delivered?
4. final, how long is delivery taking for a build?
2. Our dealer only asks for $2500 to secure a build slot, could be more depending on how un-marketable the boat is to them without your commitment.
3. Its whats listed as you lock it in with deposit.
4. I dont know yet. We dont have to pay until it comes in, I hope that is not until end of April.
Last edited by dustinm on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CS23
Re: New Boat needed
If the after discount price is 95K I would bet hes putting in a 380VP. That R3 would be a little less peppy.
We too have been kicking around buying a newer used, but keep coming back to this new one. Better to not have to worry about what the PO owner has done and get a full warranty. In our case its also 20K cheaper.
CS23
Re: New Boat needed
I wouldn’t be to worried about warranty. In my experience cobalt and the engine mfg takes care of the problems. Just ask for paper work on work donedustinm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:58 pmIf the after discount price is 95K I would bet hes putting in a 380VP. That R3 would be a little less peppy.
We too have been kicking around buying a newer used, but keep coming back to this new one. Better to not have to worry about what the PO owner has done and get a full warranty. In our case its also 20K cheaper.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: New Boat needed
Ah that 190 I saw posted a week ago. I thought about it. Great deal there. Nice boat..
There's a used r5 trailer on CL but that now for your next boat in 2 weeks. Lol
There's a used r5 trailer on CL but that now for your next boat in 2 weeks. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

