Foam tape for window

Post Reply
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Foam tape for window

Post by ajcampen »

Looking to replace the foam cushion between my dash window that opens from right to left. It cushions the window when closed. I called several dealers and they don’t have it.

On Taylormade website they have foam tape however it is like a 32 ft roll. I’d have to do a group but to get so much of it 🤣

So if anyone has replaced theirs please let me know what you used. I would love to keep it OEM
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Foam tape for window

Post by Big Block Power »

Check on great lakes Skipper.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
ajaVT
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm
Location: Vermont
Contact:

Re: Foam tape for window

Post by ajaVT »

I am interested in this as well if you do figure out a source. I only need a strip about 2' so let me know if this turns into a group buy. Thanks!
Holy Smokes
Captain
Captain
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:16 pm
Location: KS
Contact:

Re: Foam tape for window

Post by Holy Smokes »

Any close-cell foam gasket should work. Check here and match up the approximate size. I used the smallest size on some hatches on another boat and under the windshield on the 360. Remove any prior residue and prep the surface with alcohol (not the drinking kind!)

2005 Cobalt 360, 496Mag HO's with Bravo 3X drives

LOTO - Lake of the Ozarks
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests