200 or 220 and towers?

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
andymoler58
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 pm
Contact:

200 or 220 and towers?

Post by andymoler58 »

I am debating a 2013 220 and a 2017 200, I like the color of the 200 better and I like the fact that it doesn’t have a tower

They are both the same price at 37k , the 200 has a trailer and the 220 doesn’t. The 220 has 97 hours and and the 200 has 67 hours.

Does the tower really have any function because I don’t really like the look. My 200 has the Bimini top and I think it looks better and it costs less to store at the marina.

I do hear that the extra 2 feet goes a long way thoughb

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by Big Block Power »

Depends how you use your boat with water sports. After having my 220 with a tower over my 200 that didn't. I would never go back.
Go with what your heart is saying then.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by ajcampen »

Tower is great for getting in and out (no more keep you flipping hands off the Bimini speech). The two feet is worth it. Personally I like the new style arch towers and would get a 2014 with the tower. Also, the newer towers fold down very easily.

Hold off if u have to to get what you want. Where r u located?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
andymoler58
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by andymoler58 »

Yea you think I’ll see a better deal here coming up if we hit a recession?
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by Big Block Power »

andymoler58 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:07 pm Yea you think I’ll see a better deal here coming up if we hit a recession?
Oh there will be lots of them coming.
What engines were in those 2.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
andymoler58
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by andymoler58 »

It was a 240 v6 in the 200 and a 270 v6 in the 220
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by Big Block Power »

andymoler58 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:28 pm It was a 240 v6 in the 200 and a 270 v6 in the 220
I take this isn't your first boat?
Wait for better power. Just saying.
In a 22 ft or a 20 foot boat I wouldn't want anything under a 350 in either of them. But hey some have that power and love it. It's all in how your going to use it. But hey get the tower.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Alaskabound
Captain
Captain
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 am
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by Alaskabound »

Come on, bb, who in their right mind would even think to check to see what size engine was under the hood? 😁

Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 200 or 220 and towers?

Post by Big Block Power »

Alaskabound wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:45 am Come on, bb, who in their right mind would even think to check to see what size engine was under the hood? 😁

Dub
I know it's the last question on my mind. Thanks Dub!!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests