Subwoofer Carpet

Post Reply
Homeskillet
Captain
Captain
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Subwoofer Carpet

Post by Homeskillet »

Any suggestions on where to get some carpet for my enclosure? I'd like to get it in a tan color if possible (to match my snap-in carpet).
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by NautiGirl »

As with all things amazon has it.

Tan is a little bit harder to find than black. I have no idea if that is a good price I just googled tan speaker carpet.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Homeskillet
Captain
Captain
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by Homeskillet »

Nauti - thanks for the pic!

I have been looking at the big box stores in my area for something that might work. I saw some at HD in the "remnant box" that might be okay. It was $17 for a huge piece (enough so I can screw up and redo it lololol). I have to go look again to see if it's still there, and if it'll actually work.
Homeskillet
Captain
Captain
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by Homeskillet »

So I carpeted my box... It looks decent. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I'm not going to post any oix of it because I'm really not proud of it. What keeps eating at me, is while I was doing that on Super Bowl Sunday, my 17 year old son came down in the basement (where I had some 70's rock cranked, and a pint of Budlight going) after his BB practice. He turned down the music and I said, "Hey guy, what's up?" His response? "I F'ed up." Then he sets down a sheet of paper that shows his speeding ticket (he drives 25 min 1 way to school and takes the freeway for much of it). While a 17 year old getting a ticket does wonders for one's insurance. It's just FANTASTIC when it's for 93 mph in a 70 zone!!!

So everytime I look at that sub, I'm reminded about his ticket.... lol
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by Big Block Power »

Heck he kept it under a 100. 😂
I guess I have one older son at 30 and I made him pay for insurance. He was a mad man on the road on the lake in the Ditch but hey he never got a ticket. How I don't know but maybe because he had to pay for it and what ever increase it would cause on mine. I also told him if his mirror hit my garage and damaged it he had to pay for it. Guess what not a scratch on my garage. He went through I bet 10 vehicles in 5 years. He bought every one after the first one.
Now my 15 year old gets his Temps in 4 days. Oh my not sure how this one will do. Complete opposite of my oldest.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by jhnmdahl »

Old project, but Parts Express has plenty of black and gray carpet, tools, carpet glue, etc. for box covering. I didn’t see any tan carpet, but they do have some old Fender-style tweed that might look sharp: https://www.parts-express.com/tweed-amp ... e--261-852
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by NautiGirl »

Homeskillet wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 pm So I carpeted my box... It looks decent. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I'm not going to post any oix of it because I'm really not proud of it. What keeps eating at me, is while I was doing that on Super Bowl Sunday, my 17 year old son came down in the basement (where I had some 70's rock cranked, and a pint of Budlight going) after his BB practice. He turned down the music and I said, "Hey guy, what's up?" His response? "I F'ed up." Then he sets down a sheet of paper that shows his speeding ticket (he drives 25 min 1 way to school and takes the freeway for much of it). While a 17 year old getting a ticket does wonders for one's insurance. It's just FANTASTIC when it's for 93 mph in a 70 zone!!!

So everytime I look at that sub, I'm reminded about his ticket.... lol
Hey I did something similar and despite what BBP or YT would tell you I turned out ok. Back in the day my dad always set the cruise at 73 on the interstate which had a speed limit of 65. When I first started driving I questioned it and he said "If you ever get a ticket going 73 I'll pay it, no cop is going to pull you over doing 8 over".

Fast forward two years later I was 19 and home from College on thanksgiving break. My sister had just turned 16 and gotten a brand new to her Prelude SI. Totally one of my dream cars when I was 16, what /w its 2.3L which was the Honda "big block" of the time, I think it made a whopping 165hp. It had some pretty worn Falken Ziex 512's on it, sweet tires back then, figured I would go see what it would do right? What can I say I watched a lot of Fast and the Furious. TGrace had a prelude he knows whats up and how cool 19 year of Jeff thought this was.

Anyway I borrowed the keys and took it for a spin to meet up /w some high school friends that were also back in town for fall break. Of course I took the "fun" back roads route, b/c you know "sports car". I was really familiar /w the roads, drove them every day to high school. I was flying...sun roof open just enjoying the drive. Get to a stop sign to turn off the back roads and onto a main street and see red and blue lights. Oh shit right?

Cop comes up immediately asks if I have been drinking, I hadn't. Says it took him almost a 1/2 of a mile to catch up to me. To this day I still have no idea where he was sitting, never saw him. He clocked me at 73 in a 35. Threatened to arrest me, wrote on the ticket "suspect did not attempt to elude but also did not slow down". Why would I slow down, I never saw him right?

Went home told dad I got a ticket going 73, reminded him he said he would pay it. He asked where I got pulled over fully expecting the interstate, I told him the country road, which he knew was a 35mph speed limit. You can imagine how the conversation went after that.

I lawyered up, had a good friend who's dad was an attorney, and got it lowered down to a sane speed. Ended up going to state traffic school which in Kentucky erases any points off your record. Still have the paper ticket in a frame in the garage. It's faded a bit but you can still read the "suspect did not attempt to elude but also did not slow down" line.

I need to go take the BMW over to that road, better tires, double the horsepower, and traction control. I bet I could totally top my high score.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Homeskillet
Captain
Captain
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by Homeskillet »

Nauti that's a great story!!

https://youtu.be/vx2jATVnJzU


I was skeptical about letting him get the little turbo hatchback, instead of the newer, cleaner, cheaper, lower mileage sedan... and maybe I was right.

I know when I took the back roads to my high school girlfriend's house, I sped every time when I knew her parents were gone ;). But one time I got my 1978 Ford Grenada up to almost 120, and when I got to the stop sign, it would t start for about a half hour.... Never got over 90 again. Another kid at school had the same car in green... "The booger" we called it... So mine was the bloody booger :)

I got a text from a friend who's an attorney yesterday during a staph infection, er meeting I mean. He said "it will be reduced to a parking ticket on the court date. I just negotiated it." I am not telling my kid that just yet
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by akorcovelos »

Love it, just like my parents loved me getting pulled over in our driveway at midnight because the cop couldn't catch up to me after the old lady in front of me doing 15 under the limit pulled off and I dropped the hammer on my Mom's '94 Z28. Apparently the cop was right behind me, like literally right behind me when I floored it and left him in the dust. Never even noticed a car behind me I was so frustrated with the lady in front of me...I paid that ticket on my own.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by AsLan7 »

Homeskillet wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:23 pm Nauti that's a great story!!

https://youtu.be/vx2jATVnJzU


.
Forgot about that Seinfeld clip. Nice one HSk... :lol: :lol:

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Homeskillet
Captain
Captain
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Subwoofer Carpet

Post by Homeskillet »

LOL I sent it to my kid because Jerry was ALSO going 93 lol!!!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests