Question about my fuel gauge

(Stereos, Chartplotters, Fish Finders, etc.)
Post Reply
AlexV
Commander
Commander
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:18 pm
Location: NW Cape Coral
Contact:

Question about my fuel gauge

Post by AlexV »

I have A 2020 25sc with the twin garmin 7606. After I fueled up my fuel gauge never moved back to full. I had to go into the settings and manually enter that I filled up than it read full. The gauge goes down and reads out the percentages as I burn fuel. Do I have to change a setting so it reads full on it's own? I'm surprised with duel garmin the boat didn't come with sonar.
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Question about my fuel gauge

Post by tgrace98 »

Sounds to me like the dealer didn’t program your fuel gauge properly. I’d take it back to them to program it the right way. I have the same setup in my R7 and it works like any fuel gauge. I fill up and it goes full, I drive around and it goes down.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Question about my fuel gauge

Post by Big Block Power »

This is supposed to be programmed by your dealer before delivery. Some dealers were really bad at this. It's a process to do it. I think BobRae99 posted the procedure in here somewhere. So yes you will need to get it done.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
AlexV
Commander
Commander
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:18 pm
Location: NW Cape Coral
Contact:

Re: Question about my fuel gauge

Post by AlexV »

Thanks. Good to read it's just something in the programming. I'll call garmin Support when I get home and have them talk me through it. My dealer knows less than I do about the Garmin's in the Cobalts
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests