So I'm looking to install 3 underwater LED transom lights to my 2008 302 and I have a question about the factory wiring. I'm going to be pulling around 10 amps total.
Does anyone know if Cobalt ran wires to the back breaker panel from the switches not being used on the dash? I have a captains call switch and spot labeled on the back breaker panel, but no captains call exhaust. If the wire is already run here that would make this install much easier. Just buy the correct breaker and run a 14ga 2 wire to the hubs that I bought, and hook all 3 lights up there.
Wiring to back breaker panel
- BigGib
- Captain

- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am
- Location: Osage Beach / Wentzville, MO
- Contact:
Wiring to back breaker panel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 Cobalt 302 5.7GXI's
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
My understanding is every boat is wired for every option so probably yes.
- BigGib
- Captain

- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am
- Location: Osage Beach / Wentzville, MO
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
So with that just being a breaker box with 2 posts on the breaker, how would I add the switch into this circuit?
2008 Cobalt 302 5.7GXI's
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
I’m the wrong one to answer. I’m sure more knowledgeable people will chime in shortly
- BigGib
- Captain

- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am
- Location: Osage Beach / Wentzville, MO
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
I appreciate any input! I have heard that Cobalt is good at running wires for all options, just not sure if that was still true in 2008? I'm guessing I could run a relay if I want to use a switch at the dash and use a breaker in the panel at the back. I just want to avoid running a large gauge wire 30 feet to the back.sailor55330 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:32 pm I’m the wrong one to answer. I’m sure more knowledgeable people will chime in shortly
2008 Cobalt 302 5.7GXI's
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
Yes they are wired that way even in my 2003. Wire it to the switch your fine. If you need help getting lights let me know. 



Ok maybe I might need help from you. Lol
Ok maybe I might need help from you. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- BigGib
- Captain

- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am
- Location: Osage Beach / Wentzville, MO
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
Ha, I'm all set on the lights lol! Just trying to figure out the best way to wire it all up. I'm going to have the boat on a trailer to do some gelcoat repair soon so figured it was the best time to add some lights!Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:13 pm Yes they are wired that way even in my 2003. Wire it to the switch your fine. If you need help getting lights let me know.
Ok maybe I might need help from you. Lol
FYI, we discontinued our line of transom lights so they are a steal right now!
2008 Cobalt 302 5.7GXI's
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
- BigGib
- Captain

- Posts: 268
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:11 am
- Location: Osage Beach / Wentzville, MO
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
Went with 3 of the blue 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 Cobalt 302 5.7GXI's
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
"Meant to Be"
Wentzville, MO
Lake of the Ozarks
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Wiring to back breaker panel
Of you want to cheat. I wired mine with my anchor lights on my last boat. Tapped in to that and done.
Do they have any rgb ones. Pm the price if so. Thanks
Do they have any rgb ones. Pm the price if so. Thanks
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests