Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post Reply
kclements
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:04 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest
Contact:

Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by kclements »

Over the winter someone crawled into my 2001 263 and stole the stereo out of it.

If it wasn't already bad enough that they stole the stereo, they took the panel that it mounted in with it!!!

If that wasn't already bad enough, it looks like they must have used a lighter to see in the dark because they burned a hole in my headliner just above where the stereo mounts!

So I am in search of the interior panel that the stereo mounts to . I believe it has 3 switches and 3 leds lights as well.

I think 2 of the switches were for interior lights and 1 was for the pump for the sink.

However if you have the panel and it doesn't have the lights/switches, I would take that as well.
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by akorcovelos »

That is terrible! Unfortunately parts are going to be hard to come by...try Kendoor Marine, they have tons of salvage parts, though they are terrible at inventory so if you’re not local it’s tough to know what they really have. Other option is find someone willing to take a nice straight on picture and use it to have a template made to get a new one cut.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by AsLan7 »

kclements wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:52 pm Over the winter someone crawled into my 2001 263 and stole the stereo out of it.

If it wasn't already bad enough that they stole the stereo, they took the panel that it mounted in with it!!!

If that wasn't already bad enough, it looks like they must have used a lighter to see in the dark because they burned a hole in my headliner just above where the stereo mounts!

So I am in search of the interior panel that the stereo mounts to . I believe it has 3 switches and 3 leds lights as well.

I think 2 of the switches were for interior lights and 1 was for the pump for the sink.

However if you have the panel and it doesn't have the lights/switches, I would take that as well.
.
No way KCL! That’s frustrating. 🥺

JRCRAMER1 on here had a parts 263 boat in Rochester that we raided. I think it may be gone now.

I posted a pic of the panel for which you are searching.

Maybe someone can fabricate one?
I’ll ask around.

In any event, welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. Hope we can find that panel for you.

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by AsLan7 »

.
One more...

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by akorcovelos »

That’s a super easy panel to make, but call kendoor with the dimensions, I’m sure they have something that will fit that and they have any switch/led you would need to add to it. They even have complete panels like that with all the switches and lights still in them.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
kclements
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:04 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by kclements »

Thank you everyone! What a great community!

I appreciate all the responses and pictures I am sure they will help greatly.

If anyone has time to measure there panel I would surely appreciate it.

Regards,

Kevin

.
User avatar
Red Stripe
Commander
Commander
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Port Sanilac MI
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by Red Stripe »

I would take this as an opportunity to customize the interior. One possible option would be to cut a new panel out of Lexan and tint it to match the door and windows. Maybe a trip to a sign shop for some labels for the switches and custom graphics like the boat name. Add some LEDs behind it so it lights up and you have a one of a kind. You could also use an a white Lexan and it would match the white around the sink area.
Red Stripe
"If it was easy everyone would do it"
Cobalt 263
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Want to buy 262/263 Interior Radio/Stereo Panel (mine was stolen)

Post by AsLan7 »

kclements wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:00 pm Thank you everyone! What a great community!

I appreciate all the responses and pictures I am sure they will help greatly.

If anyone has time to measure there panel I would surely appreciate it.

Regards,

Kevin

.
.
Sure Kevin. And yes, great community here.

Next time I’m on the boat, I’ll take some measurements

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests