2001 252 eBay 9k

(Cobalt Boats)
Jwill
Commander
Commander
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm
Contact:

2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by Jwill »

User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by AsLan7 »

Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm Looks like a very solid boat!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Cobalt-25 ... SwG4pc3bx8
.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Jwill
Commander
Commander
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by Jwill »

Well, that didn’t last long!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by AsLan7 »

Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm Well, that didn’t last long!
.
Ha. I thought you bought it. :lol:
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Jwill
Commander
Commander
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 pm
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by Jwill »

It was tempting, but I’ve got 2 boats, what the heck was I gonna do with a third?
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by AsLan7 »

Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm It was tempting, but I’ve got 2 boats, what the heck was I gonna do with a third?
Flip them.....like YTMSN did today. :D

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by Ytmsn »

Shoot I haven't even pick it up yet A7! But soon...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by AsLan7 »

Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am Shoot I haven't even pick it up yet A7! But soon...
.
Now how you gonna catch up to BBP's flips with that attitude....(although I guess you have been doing it for quite a few years. :D )

On that note, what was your most interesting, memorable, or downright disaster flip YT?

.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by Ytmsn »

AsLan7 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 am
Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am Shoot I haven't even pick it up yet A7! But soon...
.
Now how you gonna catch up to BBP's flips with that attitude....(although I guess you have been doing it for quite a few years. :D )

On that note, what was your most interesting, memorable, or downright disaster flip YT?

.
Hmm.. I've never really thought about that. Haven't really had any disasters and have actually done pretty good on several deals. Some things I've jumped over, and thats always fun. Buying and selling have been in my blood since I was in High School. The Art of the Deal, Advanced Negotiations and all that. Kind of why I got into the auction business.

In my line of work I get the opportunity to negotiate some pretty large deals from time to time, and that's always fun. We always refer it to shooting an antelope every week to feed the camp, but you try to shoot an elephant every couple years or so. I'm actually hunting an elephant right now!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Elephant Hunting

Post by cmattj »

Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm We always refer it to shooting an antelope every week to feed the camp, but you try to shoot an elephant every couple years or so. I'm actually hunting an elephant right now!
I like where this going.!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by akorcovelos »

AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm Looks like a very solid boat!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Cobalt-25 ... SwG4pc3bx8
.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
What’s wrong with how it’s mounted?
D36FC35D-B9AD-4F39-845E-A1C12A3332D3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by AsLan7 »

akorcovelos wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm Looks like a very solid boat!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Cobalt-25 ... SwG4pc3bx8
.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
What’s wrong with how it’s mounted?
D36FC35D-B9AD-4F39-845E-A1C12A3332D3.jpeg
.
Hey you’re two peas in the same pod Akor. :D

IMHO, I’m not a fan of highlighting a Fire extinguisher front and center. (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder). I prefer the engine to take center stage....especially your soon to be Whippled beast. :mrgreen:

More importantly though, I normally see Fireboy extinguishers mounted on the forward or aft bulkhead....and ironically even some of those (depending on the model) aren’t mounted correctly as they are supposed to be mounted vertically.

From the Fireboy installation manual....

“Cylinders should be handled with care, removed from their boxes, and mounted at once on the forward and aft bulkheads. Mount as high as possible in the protected area. Mount the cylinders in a vertical position only, do not tilt or mount horizontally!”

The legacy CG series are allowed to be mounted 90 degrees from vertical but still on either bulkhead....

”Mounting up to 90° from vertical is permissible
 Install on the forward or aft vertical bulkhead of the engine compartment as near
to the centerline of the vessel (keel) as possible.”


Current CG series went back to a vertical installation.

For more information click here.
.





.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by akorcovelos »

Interesting as this is how the factory installed it. I’d rather it be on the forward bulkhead, figured it was mounted there to emulate sprinklers in a building and provide the most coverage.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Post by Ytmsn »

AsLan7 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:32 am
akorcovelos wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm

.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
What’s wrong with how it’s mounted?
D36FC35D-B9AD-4F39-845E-A1C12A3332D3.jpeg
.
Hey you’re two peas in the same pod Akor. :D

IMHO, I’m not a fan of highlighting a Fire extinguisher front and center. (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder). I prefer the engine to take center stage....especially your soon to be Whippled beast. :mrgreen:

More importantly though, I normally see Fireboy extinguishers mounted on the forward or aft bulkhead....and ironically even some of those (depending on the model) aren’t mounted correctly as they are supposed to be mounted vertically.

From the Fireboy installation manual....

“Cylinders should be handled with care, removed from their boxes, and mounted at once on the forward and aft bulkheads. Mount as high as possible in the protected area. Mount the cylinders in a vertical position only, do not tilt or mount horizontally!”

The legacy CG series are allowed to be mounted 90 degrees from vertical but still on either bulkhead....

”Mounting up to 90° from vertical is permissible
 Install on the forward or aft vertical bulkhead of the engine compartment as near
to the centerline of the vessel (keel) as possible.”


Current CG series went back to a vertical installation.

For more information click here.
.





.
Hmm. My son is a fire safety engineer. I'll get his take on it.
And I actually like seeing the blingbling bright red eye candy on the hatch! Just like the engine decal, green battery top and red battery connections, I loce the contrast against a black engine. So your Whack on this one A7! 😂
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Elephant Hunting

Post by Ytmsn »

cmattj wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm We always refer it to shooting an antelope every week to feed the camp, but you try to shoot an elephant every couple years or so. I'm actually hunting an elephant right now!
I like where this going.!
Ha! Yeah, back in the day I was the lead auctioneer for a nationwide company and we chased big deals all the time. One of my biggest personal deals was selling three multistory office buildings in downtown Wichita Kansas at auction. The deal had hair all over it, but we got it shaved off and did very well! Lots of other stories too, selling hotels, shopping centers, Hurricane Katrina homes in New Orleans, etc. I have a video somewhere of the Katrina homes I'll try to find and post sometime. THAT was an interesting time period!

But not here... because
10nt15g.jpg
properly!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests