Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Need some help finding a replacement vent for my 2009 242 Bowrider. I have asked my local dealer to reach out to Cobalt directly with no success. Mfg claims none exist in their inventory. Vent is similar to the avatar for this cat room. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
.Lbjpryan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 pm Need some help finding a replacement vent for my 2009 242 Bowrider. I have asked my local dealer to reach out to Cobalt directly with no success. Mfg claims none exist in their inventory. Vent is similar to the avatar for this cat room. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hey Lbjpryan, welcome to the Cobalt Chat forum (or should I say Cat room)
Yes, it is difficult to find anything over the seven year OEM date mark from Cobalt since they normally discontinue stocking at that point. BigBlockPower on the forum has some leads on hard to find parts and may be able to help you with that. He'll chime in shortly.
Any pics of your 242? We love them here. Feel free to start an intro thread if you have the time. How did you get into Cobalt boats?
Again, welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Welcome. If you have the MFG catalog part number that’s your start. Unlike automotive dealers who can do data base search in every US Dealer...,Cobalt does not. So you’ll be busy calling every Authorized Cobalt parts department to see if this is collecting dust on there shelf.
Here’s a link to Great Lakes skipper. May give them a call.
.https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catal ... /?q=Cobalt+
.
Now go introduce yourself in the new members section and give us some Pics along with pics of your search item.
Here’s a link to Great Lakes skipper. May give them a call.
.https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catal ... /?q=Cobalt+
.
Now go introduce yourself in the new members section and give us some Pics along with pics of your search item.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
I wonder if the 263 is the same give the unicorn man a call.
Might want to pm jcramer on here I think it is.
I have no idea which side you need. This is the same one on the cat picture.
Also I knew I saw one somewhere.
Might want to pm jcramer on here I think it is.
I have no idea which side you need. This is the same one on the cat picture.
Also I knew I saw one somewhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Gee. The same part the OP is looking for?Big Block Power wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm I wonder if the 263 is the same give the unicorn man a call.
Might want to pm jcramer on here I think it is.
I have no idea which side you need. This is the same one on the cat picture.
Also I knew I saw one somewhere.
Scandalous I say
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Ok my bad I didn't read the title. Starboard side. Heck I almost thought of making one out of starboard.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Thanks Big Block....at least its a head start on what to call it. Thank You!!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
Yep will that one on ebay work?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent
I think it might...I’ve asked the seller a few questions. My boat is in winter storage so I cant get exact measurements....but think it might work.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

