WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Live on the WI/IL boarder, looking for a mid 90s 252 w/502 (will consider 454 mercruiser) and trailer.
Had a deal on a '94, fell in love with the boat and the guy backed out and sold it to a friend...now I'm hooked and want that boat! Let me know what you got. Willing to drive a few hours for the right boat. Budget is 15-20k.
Had a deal on a '94, fell in love with the boat and the guy backed out and sold it to a friend...now I'm hooked and want that boat! Let me know what you got. Willing to drive a few hours for the right boat. Budget is 15-20k.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
T5555555000000 that's 10k profit on your boat. Jump on it 



0 profit on the trailer





Ok the search will start.
0 profit on the trailer
Ok the search will start.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
All of the ones I could find are in Texas and have a 454 in them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
A few more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
This guy has good taste!
BBP I stopped counting after I hit $25k invested despite the initial purchase price. Keeping this one for the long haul I think, not sure what I'd even do with a newer boat that this one doesn't already do.
ak...good luck with the search! If I see anything pop up I'll send it your way!
BBP I stopped counting after I hit $25k invested despite the initial purchase price. Keeping this one for the long haul I think, not sure what I'd even do with a newer boat that this one doesn't already do.
ak...good luck with the search! If I see anything pop up I'll send it your way!
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Thanks for the help all! Picked this up yesterday: '96 with 7.4L, Corsa exhaust and B3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Congrats, she's gorgeous! Welcome to the family 
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Welcome to the family ak! I'm digging your boat!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Nice find! Welcome to the candied red cobalt club
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Thanks all, looking forward to sharing how we enjoy and improve her!
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
Congratulations! You don’t mess around when it comes to looking.... buying... water pictures !!
We may have to change this thread over to new members section.
You found a nice one and your in the right place for improvement ideas. ( is your PayPal set up ? Lol)
Get us the full captains report as we would loce to hear how she performs.
Even with that silly captains call ! Nice
We may have to change this thread over to new members section.
You found a nice one and your in the right place for improvement ideas. ( is your PayPal set up ? Lol)
Get us the full captains report as we would loce to hear how she performs.
Even with that silly captains call ! Nice
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
I'm a gear head, the captains call was a must, lol. The dealer I bought it from put it on a dyno to confirm the engine output was withing original spec, replaced all wear items (bellows, shift cable, water pump impeller, gave me an ECM snap shot, all new braking system on the trailer from master to drums, new tires, etc.) They even replaced the bushings in the controls because they were worn out of spec.
The only issue I found is the steering cable seems to need lube as it is a bit sticky. Once you get it turning it's smooth, but the initial pressure to get it to turn is a bit jerky. It's probably the original 21 year old cable so I'll likely just replace it in the spring.
Other than that, I'll probably throw a set of smart tabs on it, put a nice sound system in, and maybe swap out the steering wheel for something a bit more modern. Also need to swap my Lowrance over from my old boat, then I can get some real numbers from the GPS. The dash speedo was showing 58mph at 5000 rpm, and I still had some trim, but it was busy and rough on the lake so I didn't want to push it too hard.
The only issue I found is the steering cable seems to need lube as it is a bit sticky. Once you get it turning it's smooth, but the initial pressure to get it to turn is a bit jerky. It's probably the original 21 year old cable so I'll likely just replace it in the spring.
Other than that, I'll probably throw a set of smart tabs on it, put a nice sound system in, and maybe swap out the steering wheel for something a bit more modern. Also need to swap my Lowrance over from my old boat, then I can get some real numbers from the GPS. The dash speedo was showing 58mph at 5000 rpm, and I still had some trim, but it was busy and rough on the lake so I didn't want to push it too hard.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
The only regret here is being so weak willed and letting this zoo make me spend all my money on upgrades! :p
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer
they aren't upgrades. they are enhancementsakorcovelos wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 pm The only regret here is being so weak willed and letting this zoo make me spend all my money on upgrades! :p
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: WTB: 1994-1998 252 w/502 & trailer

1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests
