2018 220S dash "storage"

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
User avatar
DCLfan
Commander
Commander
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 pm
Location: MD
Contact:

2018 220S dash "storage"

Post by DCLfan »

What do folks use the little plastic inset open box in the dash for? It isn't big enough for a phone. Loose change? Mints?

It looks easy enough to remove or modify. Is this a good place to mount the base for an arm to hold a display or tablet?

I'm getting a VesselView mobile. I don't need a permanent display or plotter, you aren't going to get lost on our lake and the shallow parts are well known. But it is a low cost way to look at engine data. Occasional mounting of a phone or tablet meets my needs.
dash storage.jpg
dash storage back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 220s Merc 6.2L MPI 350hp
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: 2018 220S dash "storage"

Post by Norris_Boating »

Interesting, mine (2016) is on the other side of the steering wheel and is large enough for my cellphone, wallet and sun glasses. I love having it there as I use my phone for Bluetooth and it is easy to change playlists and such.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
User avatar
DCLfan
Commander
Commander
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 pm
Location: MD
Contact:

Re: 2018 220S dash "storage"

Post by DCLfan »

Norris_Boating wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 pm Interesting, mine (2016) is on the other side of the steering wheel and is large enough for my cellphone, wallet and sun glasses. I love having it there as I use my phone for Bluetooth and it is easy to change playlists and such.
Yep, the 2016 looks two or three times wider than mine.
2018 220s Merc 6.2L MPI 350hp
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests