LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Photo_G »

Hi,

Our 2011 210 navigation light gets blazing hot, so I'd like to switch it with an LED light. I picked one up at WM, but it's too big and the bow area isn't flat (it's indented where the stock nav light sits). Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Bfun220 »

Get measurements and bulb number of your stock bulbs.
Then go to superbrightled and get the highest wattage bulb that matches your info. This is how I replaced all my lights.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Photo_G »

Thanks Bfun220 !

Take care,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
hawranek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:12 am
Location: Warsaw (Poland)
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by hawranek »

I replaced mine (totaly corroded) with this LED low profile SS:
https://www.amazon.com/SeaSense-Combina ... asense+led

See the pictures
20180611_084815.jpg
Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hawranek
2007 Cobalt 212 (VP 5.0 GXI DP)
hawranek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:12 am
Location: Warsaw (Poland)
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by hawranek »

and another one
20180611_084701.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hawranek
2007 Cobalt 212 (VP 5.0 GXI DP)
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Photo_G »

That looks nice!! I picked up the LED nav light from WM, but my 210 has smaller unit that is set in to an indentation on the slightly arched bow top. So, it won't fit...but I'm hoping to find a similarly sized replacement somewhere. Unfortunately, this one looks too big too. Thanks for posting though...this will help someone, for sure!!

G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by AsLan7 »

Great picture hawranek!
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Big Block Power »

This is the led I used.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Photo_G »

I ordered this one. I'll update this post on receipt.

https://store.marinebeam.com/perko-atwo ... ment-bulb/

Thanks again,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Big Block Power »

Photo_G wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm I ordered this one. I'll update this post on receipt.

https://store.marinebeam.com/perko-atwo ... ment-bulb/

Thanks again,
G
Yea that should work. Hopefully it's not too wide.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Photo_G »

So, the LED festoon fit my nav light, just barely, but two of the actual LED's were burnt out from the very first time that I turned it on. I have emailed MarineBeam and sent a picture...we shall see.

Thanks again,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
User avatar
Photo_G
Commander
Commander
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: LED Navigation light for 2011 210?

Post by Photo_G »

They are sending a replacement. That's pretty good customer service, imo. I'd deal with them again.

G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 26 guests