2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
Scubadeep1
Commander
Commander
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am
Location: Northern IL.
Contact:

2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Scubadeep1 »

For those of you who may have a later model 220 and have the quick fender clips. Question, how many do you have on each side and where are they located. I just ordered some of these and am thinking I would like 3 on each side instead of the standard 2 as I have seen on a couple 220's. What are your thoughts on this. Black sides on hull and don't want any rash on it. I was thinking just behind fuel filler about 1' and one about a foot ahead of the mid cleat and one by the line storage locker ahead of the windshield base, this would cover the widest portion on the boat. If you have these on your boat what do you think and if you have any measurements of the location of yours that would be great. Anyone have any idea on how thick the hull/gunnel is along the sides. Are the cleat areas reinforced and do I need to worry about strength of the area and holding power of the hull/gunnel. Thoughts?
2013 220 5.0L Volvo 270hp DP
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Big Block Power »

My mid cleats are right at the sweet spot. Going forward I don't think is going to help you. The side of the hull isn't very thick.and where my tower ends in the rear works for the rear fender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Alaskabound
Captain
Captain
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 am
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Alaskabound »

Scuba, this is a 2017. Dealer installed these, one just in front of the midcleat & one just above the "C" in Cobalt. He gave us another option,which I unfortunately can't remember, but it was more involved and difficult, I think. These locations have worked out great for us. Hope this helps.

Dub
IMG_0688.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by AsLan7 »

.
Great pic dub. 👍🏻
,
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Scubadeep1
Commander
Commander
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am
Location: Northern IL.
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Scubadeep1 »

Thanks for the pic, that will help.
2013 220 5.0L Volvo 270hp DP
MAP53
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by MAP53 »

Kind of related: Does this clip look like the Cobalt ones? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taco-Quick-Rel ... 2961669254

I would like to get some for my 212, and from the pictures I have seen they look very similar minus the logo.

Thanks
Mark Potter
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Big Block Power »

MAP53 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm Kind of related: Does this clip look like the Cobalt ones? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taco-Quick-Rel ... 2961669254

I would like to get some for my 212, and from the pictures I have seen they look very similar minus the logo.

Thanks
Mark Potter
Yep those are very close. I was thinking of adding those also. They make lots of great stainless boat parts.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MAP53
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by MAP53 »

Well I ordered them, so when they come in and I get them installed I'll report back.

Mark
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Big Block Power »

MAP53 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 am Well I ordered them, so when they come in and I get them installed I'll report back.

Mark
Yea I should just do it too. But i saw another different style fender this weekend I might work on a project and mass produce them.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by cmattj »

Im interested in the "Phender Pro" .

There is a spot I want in front by the cleat but I wont be able to access the back nut .. They have a system that's pretty slick . I may take a bullet on one and try it.

Here is the link

http://wp.bigskyprecision.net/?product=phender-pro

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by Ytmsn »

Matt isn't that what Cobalt uses, but they put their own logo on? That's what I've been looking at too. Let us know how you like them if you go for it. That'll be one of my winter projects.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by NautiGirl »

Those looks nice...you guys test those out then BB can come do ours...the back cleat is pretty much a waste on the 222...
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by cmattj »

Ytmsn wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am Matt isn't that what Cobalt uses, but they put their own logo on? That's what I've been looking at too. Let us know how you like them if you go for it. That'll be one of my winter projects.
mmmm yes they do like Cobalt ones I agree, and they are pricey so it would make sence :lol: . ajcampen had mentioned these awhile ago on another thread and caught my eye. Then when I saw they had a retro kit to pull through where you cant get your hand to the backside I really liked them!

Just have to make sure I dont drill a Harness loom :shock: :shock:
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am Those looks nice...you guys test those out then BB can come do ours...the back cleat is pretty much a waste on the 222...
The back fender hanging off the cleat is ridiculous.( I think the Cobalt engineers where thinking stern in Dock tie) You have to dock tie the line tight to the side so the fender wont slip back outward. Geeeze Now Im drilling more holes in the back :lol: Thanks Nauti!
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location

Post by ajcampen »

So I was at the dealer and the only thing different in the phender pro vs cobalt purchased phender pro is that their is a meterial inbetwen the metal and gel coat.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests