240 BR Rebuild
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Liquid you you must be from the north east.lol it's a Midwest thing.lol
Right YT
This is killing me.lol
Right YT
This is killing me.lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
That's funny stuff. You'll figure it out at some point Liquid, I'm sure!
Our lake is big-time flooded, but I'm gonna give it a try this weekend anyway. This was the road getting in to our place this afternoon. Six inches deep on the high side, and creeping higher ever so slightly. As long as the rain holds off some... (fingers crossed)
Our lake is big-time flooded, but I'm gonna give it a try this weekend anyway. This was the road getting in to our place this afternoon. Six inches deep on the high side, and creeping higher ever so slightly. As long as the rain holds off some... (fingers crossed)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
That's not a good sign.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Jesus. You could probably launch right there.
If you do get out watch out for logs/debris etc.
If you do get out watch out for logs/debris etc.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
So I got her in the water and have run about 2 tanks of fuel through! The lake is actually in pretty good shape, especially on the other end down by the dam.
I'm having a couple of issues to work out. I think my oil sending unit is bad. It shows 40 lbs of pressure, but when I throttle up it drops to 1t or so, but it's real erratic. I've been listening to the motor and watching the oil pretty close. Hopefully it's not an oil pump.
At 4100 RPM's it only runs about 33mph at WOT. What the hell? 4100 revs is all she's got. I thought a GXI is supposed to run out to 5500? It's no big deal, I just cruise around anyway, but it's still frustrating. Maybe some new props are in my future.. Maybe my chip is bad. Maybe I sell this sumbitch and start over. Hmmm. Probably not ready for that just yet.
I'm having a couple of issues to work out. I think my oil sending unit is bad. It shows 40 lbs of pressure, but when I throttle up it drops to 1t or so, but it's real erratic. I've been listening to the motor and watching the oil pretty close. Hopefully it's not an oil pump.
At 4100 RPM's it only runs about 33mph at WOT. What the hell? 4100 revs is all she's got. I thought a GXI is supposed to run out to 5500? It's no big deal, I just cruise around anyway, but it's still frustrating. Maybe some new props are in my future.. Maybe my chip is bad. Maybe I sell this sumbitch and start over. Hmmm. Probably not ready for that just yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Yt I think the gxi is 5000 or 5200 max. I think it says on your engine cover. Look to see what pitch your props are. I have f6 if you need to try a set. I don't think I'll use them. I might want a set of f7 or f8 to see what I can push for more to end on mine when I'm not going to do any water sports.
My oil pres. Guage bounces around on this boat too but not as bad as yours. First boat that I've had do that. Yes I'm sure it's a sender. I haven't looked for mine yet. As long as it doesn't read zero I don't care.lol
Yea you have issues if you can't get close to 50mph out of that boat. Is that gps too? Sorry to hear this. You have so much in this boat and it looks great. You stuck a new fuel pump and regulator in it already too?
My oil pres. Guage bounces around on this boat too but not as bad as yours. First boat that I've had do that. Yes I'm sure it's a sender. I haven't looked for mine yet. As long as it doesn't read zero I don't care.lol
Yea you have issues if you can't get close to 50mph out of that boat. Is that gps too? Sorry to hear this. You have so much in this boat and it looks great. You stuck a new fuel pump and regulator in it already too?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Yessir it's a GXI. We're going out again today so I'll look at the props.
The motor is strong, smooth and runs awesome. And even though I have a lot of time and work in it, I've only spent about half of what it's worth, so it'll definitely make money in the end. That's the whole reason why I started this project!
To put it all into perspective, least it hasn't caught on fire yet like Notstock4long! I can't begin to imagine spending that much coin on a new ride, waiting all that time for delivery, then that happens. I feel really bad for him.
I have a pretty good policy, so I guess if mine catches on fire I'd probably fight anyone that tries to put it out...
The motor is strong, smooth and runs awesome. And even though I have a lot of time and work in it, I've only spent about half of what it's worth, so it'll definitely make money in the end. That's the whole reason why I started this project!
To put it all into perspective, least it hasn't caught on fire yet like Notstock4long! I can't begin to imagine spending that much coin on a new ride, waiting all that time for delivery, then that happens. I feel really bad for him.
I have a pretty good policy, so I guess if mine catches on fire I'd probably fight anyone that tries to put it out...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
A great weekend, good times, and I think it's gonna be a good boat. Giddy up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
You will get her figured out.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Southernboatman
- Rear Admiral

- Posts: 601
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 7:33 pm
- Location: Alabama gulf coast
- Contact:
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Damn nice project boat! Enjoyed reading up on it!
2014 R5, Black on Black & White Edge Stripe
Volvo Penta 380hp
Volvo Penta 380hp
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Thanks!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Really nice seeing her out on the water. Nice flag too!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Thanks Liquid! The lake is up 15 feet so I had to launch at a marina 5 miles south of us, and slipped at another marina 3 miles north. The docks and ramp at our place is closed, and the ramp at the North Marina was closed too. But where there's a will there's a way!
I'm always surprised to see how people act on a flooded Lake. I don't know if it is inexperience, ignorance or a combination of both when they boat right up to the bank where there is crap under the water, like fences, posts, picnic tables and Lord knows what else.
The Lake has been flooded for about a month now but there's still a little bit of stuff floating around on the North End. We had to be extra careful when we were up there so we didn't run over any logs or submerged trees. On the other end the water is clean clear and debris free for the most part.
It also surprises me to see how many idiots drag their kids around in the water when there are logs floating. What the hell are these people thinking?
I'm always surprised to see how people act on a flooded Lake. I don't know if it is inexperience, ignorance or a combination of both when they boat right up to the bank where there is crap under the water, like fences, posts, picnic tables and Lord knows what else.
The Lake has been flooded for about a month now but there's still a little bit of stuff floating around on the North End. We had to be extra careful when we were up there so we didn't run over any logs or submerged trees. On the other end the water is clean clear and debris free for the most part.
It also surprises me to see how many idiots drag their kids around in the water when there are logs floating. What the hell are these people thinking?
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
Short answer, they're not. It never ceases to amaze me how many boat owners know so little about boating... or trailering for that matter. Boats pitched up or all the way down on the tongue.
I think people come into $ and just pop out on the water without understanding basic water safety. Dragging kids on overinflated tubes on a flooded lake while boozing. That's how these completely avoidable fatalities happen.
Best example of this is Jetskis/waverunner's - Let's give a 13 year old kid a water rocket that can only turn under power! 0 experience on the water? he's got a life jacket he'll be fine!
I'm not saying i've never done stupid things on the water but I grew up on the fundamentals and safety and observation was always critical - whether it was on a canoe, sailboat or under power knowing the rules of the water/right of way was always paramount.
One of the smartest things NY did was make the boating test mandatory for anyone operating a jet ski.
I think people come into $ and just pop out on the water without understanding basic water safety. Dragging kids on overinflated tubes on a flooded lake while boozing. That's how these completely avoidable fatalities happen.
Best example of this is Jetskis/waverunner's - Let's give a 13 year old kid a water rocket that can only turn under power! 0 experience on the water? he's got a life jacket he'll be fine!
I'm not saying i've never done stupid things on the water but I grew up on the fundamentals and safety and observation was always critical - whether it was on a canoe, sailboat or under power knowing the rules of the water/right of way was always paramount.
One of the smartest things NY did was make the boating test mandatory for anyone operating a jet ski.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: 240 BR Rebuild
My motor seems to be doing better and better each time I take it out. Changed the oil and filter at 15 hours and now my oil pressure is running at about 60 lbs. I didn't realize the difference a filter would make! When I talk to my engine builder that was the first thing he told me to do was to switch oil filters and go to a higher viscosity and see what happens. I had a Sierra on there before and switched to a wix along with 20/50 synthetic and now my pressure is up. Who would have thunk?
So I've got 22 hours on the engine now and only been out 2 weekends. I guess I need to back off just a bit or I'm going to end up with over 100 hours on this motor in the first summer!
The lake is still up and my slip is not accessible. But it's all good with a rented slip about 3 miles away. On the way home I had a blowout and jacked up the fender on the trailer. So now that has to be fixed...
So I've got 22 hours on the engine now and only been out 2 weekends. I guess I need to back off just a bit or I'm going to end up with over 100 hours on this motor in the first summer!
The lake is still up and my slip is not accessible. But it's all good with a rented slip about 3 miles away. On the way home I had a blowout and jacked up the fender on the trailer. So now that has to be fixed...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

