Hello from Toronto

User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by liquid »

Bobo87 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm The hole is smaller on the back when compared to the rest of the binimi top. When I tried the other pins they were too large for the hole.
That is super odd.

I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Bobo87 »

That is correct. The diameter of the hole is smaller than the OD of the pin. Very odd.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by liquid »

Bobo87 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm That is correct. The diameter of the hole is smaller than the OD of the pin. Very odd.
Look at you gettin all fancy with your calculations! Diameter! Ha! Ok Einstein.

I'm just kidding, honestly don't know why I didn't just say that in the first place.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by liquid »

[/quote]


I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
[/quote]

Also can't believe I'm not getting torn up for this one... Be better CC'ers!
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by AsLan7 »

liquid wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:07 pm

I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
[/quote]

Also can't believe I'm not getting torn up for this one... Be better CC'ers!
[/quote]

I think we have grown numb to it. :D
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Bobo87 »

Hole size? Flip up pins? What’s next? Man this is going to a dark place quickly. I feel bad for ever starting this about a pin that is too big for a hole! 😜🤭
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
User avatar
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Bobo87 »

Okay it appears the flip up pins didn’t work. One side appears to have a thread like the pin should have a screw thread on the smaller side. Back to the drawing board.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Ytmsn »

liquid wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am
Bobo87 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm The hole is smaller on the back when compared to the rest of the binimi top. When I tried the other pins they were too large for the hole.
That is super odd.

I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?

First off, you used nub and too big to fit in the same sentence. Theres too much there to even run at!

And you get a doubled prize. Maybe triple. This was Collins intro thread that got hijacked into a stereo thread,so you and Bobo hijacked a hijack! Well done.

Bobo, you need a little bimini bolt with a plastic head on it to hand screw into the mount. I had them like that 2 boats ago. I'll see if I can find a picture.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Big Block Power »

I'm not sure it got totally hijacked. Page 3 Colin kind of started all of this mess in his intro questions. It just keep going and going and going.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Bobo87 »

Well. I may have high jacked Colin’s intro but I figured since my question was directly related to the exact model and year of his boat he might be able to explain what I am missing on the Bimini top support bar pins. Perhaps he has a photo? As a matter of fact had Hurricane Harvey had hit a few months early I probably would have bought his boat since Montgomery is less than an hour away from me. 😬 so far I am loving my 212 as so many others are enjoying their Cobalts too. I really appreciate everyone’s input. This forum is awesome 😎.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by liquid »

Ytmsn wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 pm
liquid wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am
Bobo87 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm The hole is smaller on the back when compared to the rest of the binimi top. When I tried the other pins they were too large for the hole.
That is super odd.

I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?

First off, you used nub and too big to fit in the same sentence. Theres too much there to even run at!

And you get a doubled prize. Maybe triple. This was Collins intro thread that got hijacked into a stereo thread,so you and Bobo hijacked a hijack! Well done.

Bobo, you need a little bimini bolt with a plastic head on it to hand screw into the mount. I had them like that 2 boats ago. I'll see if I can find a picture.
I know! The comment should’ve been destroyed!

I submit that a double hijack is precisely why we are all here and that bobo should stick to the original bolt, jam it in there, finesse the nub with tenderness and a little wiggle and flick it up when the time is right. Prob solve.

...and I’m banned. 🤷🏻‍♂️
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
User avatar
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2246
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by thunder550 »

liquid wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 pm bobo should stick to the original bolt, jam it in there, finesse the nub with tenderness and a little wiggle and flick it up when the time is right. Prob solve.
clint eastwood coffee GIF-source.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
User avatar
Bobo87
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Bobo87 »

Well I got lucky today and found one of the screw pins I have been trying to describe. Here is a picture. Now I just need to find another one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 212 5.0 GXi DP Volvo Penta
Tubing, Skiing, and all around boating fun!
Texas Sun & Fun!
2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by Driller »

Haven’t seen those on my Bimini.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
liquid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Hello from Toronto

Post by liquid »

Bobo87 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm Well I got lucky today and found one of the screw pins I have been trying to describe. Here is a picture. Now I just need to find another one.
What the hell is that.
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL

#FARCONCEO
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests