Remote Oil Filter Line Leak
- billk2632
- Captain

- Posts: 428
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 am
- Location: Lake Norman, NC
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Remote Oil Filter Line Leak
I have a VP V8-300 (5.7) that has the cartridge type oil filter. Since I have owned it I notice a few drops of oil under the engine - never could find where it was coming from until now. It seems to be leaking from where the remote oil filter lines connect on the port side rear of engine -- where the oil filter would if it were not remote. The hoses do not have a brass screw in connector, instead it looks like the line is pressed into a fitting and has a plastic retainer, nothing to tighten up. I found a schematic and it looks like if you pull those lines off there are O-rings that seal it. Not sure I want to get into this over a few drops of oil and create a bigger leak, but has anyone else delt with a leak in that area?
______________________________
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests