Page 1 of 1

172 Electrical

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 4:27 pm
by abdooleo'tool
I have a 1988 Cobalt 172 Condurre that I would like to replace the instrument panel circuit breakers on. I downloaded the manual from Cobalt but the resolution is poor so I can't read the specifications and the circuit breakers themselves labels have peeled off. I can still read that it was made by ETA and a series 1658 which I can still get from Digikey or Mouser. AI tells me that it has "a 20 amp circuit breaker" but there are a dozen of them and I doubt they're all the same. Does anyone have access to a better resolution diagram or maybe a parts list? I need to know the amperage of each one.
20210804_114506.jpg
Mod edit: image rotated 180°

Re: 172 Electrical

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 4:36 pm
by abdooleo'tool
ETA 1658.pdf

Re: 172 Electrical

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 7:27 pm
by andrec10
You from down under?

Re: 172 Electrical

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2025 9:03 pm
by Titaniumboy
Circuit breakers are sized so that they protect the wire from overheating. The smaller the wire gauge, the smaller the circuit breaker amp rating. What size are the individual cables connected to each circuit breaker?