Page 1 of 1

Ladder for R4?

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:15 am
by DWG
Hello,
New to this forum. Hope this post is in the right place. Just bought our first Cobalt. It's an R4 stern drive and we like it very much so far. We have the electric swim step which works fine, but would really like to have a stern-mounted anchor as an addition. Does anyone have experience with this? Trying to see if there is an aftermarket ladder that looks nice and doesn't interfere with or mar the soft mat swim platform. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Re: Ladder for R4?

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:41 am
by jhnmdahl
A second anchor would likely have to be lashed off to one of the rear cleats. I've seen people use them that way, but don't myself.

Lots of aftermarket ladder options out there - look at Garelick for example:

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/boat-fu ... s/garelick

http://www.delzer.com/oneasg/Garelick-Catalog/37/

Re: Ladder for R4?

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:44 pm
by DWG
Thank you. I will check those out.
Wondering if there is anyone out there who has added a swim ladder to an R4.

Re: Ladder for R4?

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:17 pm
by AsLan7
.
So glad you found us DWG.

Post a pic of which ladder works for your situation.

And welcome aboard mate.

.

Re: Ladder for R4?

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:15 am
by DWG
Thank you for your warm welcome, AsLan7.
I don't have any photos, as I am not sure what type of ladder would fit/look good etc.
I was hoping someone with an R4 had mounted one and could give me some guidance.

Re: Ladder for R4?

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:13 am
by Krob1114
DWG wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:15 am Thank you for your warm welcome, AsLan7.
I don't have any photos, as I am not sure what type of ladder would fit/look good etc.
I was hoping someone with an R4 had mounted one and could give me some guidance.
I think most people here just use the drop-down swim step on the back. When people have a problem on our boat, I try to show them a technique that will work.