Page 1 of 1

Tow Ring Turns while Pulling

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:37 pm
by chrisolson91
Hey all, curious if anyone can shed some light for me. I have a 2002 206 with a tow ring that looks like this...
IMG_1231.jpeg
The problem I'm facing is whenever I pull the tube it wants to turn on me and not stay perpendicular. I just purchased the boat so thought it was just a matter of tightening it but I hand tightened the bolt underneath and but it still turned first tube ride. Unless there something I'm missing seems like a terrible design where the only thing holding it fixed is bolt tightness.

Here's what the underneath looks like. Is there something I'm missing that I can do to make it more secure?
IMG_1232.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg

Re: Tow Ring Turns while Pulling

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:29 pm
by 23Clubbing
Waiting to hear someone answer as mine does the same and I thought maybe it’s supposed to do that?

Chris

Re: Tow Ring Turns while Pulling

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:38 am
by AsLan7
It should not turn.
If it were I fixing that issue, I would purchase a large stainless fender washer, undo the ski tow using a crescent wrench; squeeze a little loctite on the threads; insert the fender washer under the nut on the top side; screw on the bottom nut with fender washer and tighten using the crescent wrench.

.

Re: Tow Ring Turns while Pulling

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:07 am
by 23Clubbing
Thank you!! I just removed the nut and lock washers etc so I can go get a large enough socket for it. It’s not as easy to get to as it would seem

Chris