Page 1 of 2

upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 pm
by juddmyers
looking at getting upholstry all redone and one place has asked that I remove it all and bring it to her, i had honestly never considered this as an option...so i ask. Have you removed your upholstry and how hard is it? I am afraid it was put in before they assembled the two halves and some screws or nuts might be almost impossible to reach.

?

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:48 pm
by AsLan7
You may have to do some panel removing (such as head panel to get to screws which hold port bow seat ) but most of the seats and upholstery should be accessible.
Pics. ? :D
.
B1499245-A720-48D4-9A59-CFC6A637108D.jpeg

.
Side panels in the cockpit may be interesting to pull off.

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 pm
by NautiGirl
Just wait...BB will know...he offered to swap the entire interior with me in our 222s...I said that seems like a lot of work...he said...eh no big deal. I look forward to his answer of how easy it is!

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:28 pm
by juddmyers
Slowest replies yet.... Maybe this group has lost a step. :-)

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm
by Big Block Power
Really sorry some of us had to work today. Aslan I don't ever goes to sleep. Yes removing the interior is fun. Piece of cake.not. Katie your special.
Are you planning on reducing ask of the side panels too? And the bow wrap around panels.

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:43 pm
by juddmyers
Yes, I am considering it. If it is that hard then I might just let them do it themselves. Hhowever one of the companies wouldn't do it

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm
by Bfun220
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm Really sorry some of us had to work today. Aslan I don't ever goes to sleep. Yes removing the interior is fun. Piece of cake.not. Katie your special.
Are you planning on reducing ask of the side panels too? And the bow wrap around panels.
If your going to keep showing my boat i think I may be do some royalty payments.😁

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 pm
by NautiGirl
juddmyers wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:28 pm Slowest replies yet.... Maybe this group has lost a step. :-)

Free advice is tough to wait for...

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 pm
by AsLan7
Again
All vinyl on 262 is easy to remove β€”with the exception of the side panels.
You may have to get creative trying to find the screws or other ways they are fastened.

Quote from a Boat reupholster:


β€œMy wife and I reupholster boat interiors and almost every boat we do is another learning experience.

Different boat manufacturers use different methods. Side panels are held on in different ways and sometimes it takes a little searching to discover how a certain manufacturer did it. The example given below is one way.


"In the seam created by the two colors there were screws that went into the side of the boat. You have to find those screws."

You have to search around in the seams between the two colors with your fingers. You'll sometimes find a tiny little slit in the vinyl covering through which the anchoring screw was installed. It can only be a tiny slit maybe 1/4" to 1/2" long...not really visible when just looking. You have to feel carefully for it with your fingers to discover it.

Some panels have upholstered buttons under which are anchoring screws. Pop those buttons off.

Other panels have small machine screws...or bolts embedded in them which then go through the wall of the boat....nuts on the inside holding them on.

Some boats have "clips" or brackets installed on the wall upon which the panel could be hung....fairly close to the top of the panel. Then there may be a small slit in the vinyl at the bottom....again through which a screw was inserted and screwed to the wall. You may have to find and remove those screws then lift the panel up and off those brackets.

These are the most common ways we've found so far. ”

.

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:08 pm
by Big Block Power
Bfun220 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm Really sorry some of us had to work today. Aslan I don't ever goes to sleep. Yes removing the interior is fun. Piece of cake.not. Katie your special.
Are you planning on reducing ask of the side panels too? And the bow wrap around panels.
If your going to keep showing my boat i think I may be do some royalty payments.😁
I paid that when I gave you a great deal more.lol

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 pm
juddmyers wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:28 pm Slowest replies yet.... Maybe this group has lost a step. :-)

Free advice is tough to wait for...


I love it. It took me 3 hours of reading just to get to this thread.lol
Aslan go to bed so I can search for some parts.

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 pm
juddmyers wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:28 pm Slowest replies yet.... Maybe this group has lost a step. :-)

Free advice is tough to wait for...


I love it. It took me 3 hours of reading just to get to this thread.lol
Aslan go to bed so I can search for some parts.
Where would we be without you brother.
Seriously...thanx for all you do here.
....Fun as well as advancing the Cobalt dream. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸš€πŸš€

.

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:24 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 pm


Free advice is tough to wait for...


I love it. It took me 3 hours of reading just to get to this thread.lol
Aslan go to bed so I can search for some parts.
Where would we be without you brother.
Seriously...thanx for all you do here.
....Fun as well as advancing the Cobalt dream. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸš€πŸš€

.
That's the Cobalt Dreamsickel:-)

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 pm
by juddmyers
I really appreciate all of the help.

Re: upholstry removal

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 pm
by Big Block Power
Are the sides going to get done also. Lots of hidden nuts on the back side. Wont be easy.
Yt did you redo your sides?