Page 1 of 1
R5 Tower Strut tension spring
Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:01 pm
by jeffmeag
Just curious, does anyone know who manufactures the tower struts and how easy they are to replace? Mine no longer hold up our tower and I would like to replace them myself if I can find the correct replacement part. I do know that one is a 145lbs tension spring while the other is a 125lbs. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: R5 Tower Strut tension spring
Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:45 pm
by Titaniumboy
Do you have any pictures of the struts?
Re: R5 Tower Strut tension spring
Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:09 pm
by jeffmeag
Not of the full spring, just a close up of the sticker. I will try to get a full photo this week.
Re: R5 Tower Strut tension spring
Posted: Sun May 21, 2023 11:03 pm
by Titaniumboy
Does it look like a regular gas spring that holds up a car hood? If so, be sure to take pictures of what the connection at each end looks like. Also measure the extended and closed lengths.
https://www.gasspringsshop.com/configurator/
Re: R5 Tower Strut tension spring
Posted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:43 am
by jeffmeag
Yes, it does. Thanks for the advice and link. I’ll have to take one off to get pics of the connector ends as they are not visible.