Page 1 of 1

PMX 1R Bluetooth issue

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:54 am
by TonyB
Hey all, advice appreciated.

Purchases 2017 R7 with PMX 1R head unit. First time taking the boat out the Bluetooth connected to my phone with ease.
Second time I take the boat out head unit says “Bluetooth disconnected” I check my Bluetooth on my phone and it shows the PMX as a device but “not connected”. I click on it to connect but unsuccessful. I then “forget device” to try and reconnect but now the PMX unit won’t even show up. I turned the unit off and on with no success. Also restarted my phone (iPhone) and tried to reconnect, no success again. Powered the boat entirely off and back on and that also didn’t work. I did check the BT connect status on the unit and it was “enabled”.

Anyone had similar issues?

Re: PMX 1R Bluetooth issue

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:03 am
by AsLan7
.
We had a similar issue after an RF head unit install. I brought it back to the installer who did a software update flash. This fixed our connection issues.

Re: PMX 1R Bluetooth issue

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:35 am
by jhnmdahl
You can usually update the firmware yourself too if you're so inclined, but for the PMX-1R you (or your dealer) has to send the unit back to Rockford Fosgate. Not sure why the "R" version is more difficult. See:

https://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers ... /a_id/1205

(linked from https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pmx-1/)

Re: PMX 1R Bluetooth issue

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:25 pm
by jimmyr5
I don't have the same head unit but my blue tooth dongle was not plugged in all the way. easy fix if that is the problem