Page 1 of 1
Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:50 pm
by Wayfarer
Looking for a tandem axle trailer for a 1985-1991 21BR, 21'1" LOA bowrider. The make of the trailer isn't important, but would like a trailer that is already fitted to the 21BR hull. It must be usable with no major repairs required. I split my time between Idaho and Texas, but can pick up the trailer anywhere in the US (I'm retired

). Please send me a message if you have a trailer that would work. Thanks, Darren
P.S. I'm new to the Cobalt club. Lifelong boater but just bought my first Cobalt, a 1985 21BR that was rack stored it's whole life, and so now I need a trailer. Can't wait for boating season!
Re: Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:47 am
by bruceb58
Your best bet is finding another newer trailer and modifying it or get one with adjustable bunks.
I did know one person who found a trailer he wanted that came with a parts boat of his type. Pulled the engine and drive...sold it...and drove the boat carcass to the dump and had a trailer that worked for his boat.
Re: Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:58 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey Wayfarer. So glad you found us.
Any pics of your 21BR?
Will keep an eye out for ya’
And welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:37 pm
by Wayfarer
Thanks for the suggestions and the welcome. I'm in Idaho at the moment, and the boat is in Alabama so I can't take pictures, but here's a photo of my boat from the sales ad. I was looking for a 19BR for months, actually years (on and off), but this 21BR fell into my lap instead. It's my favorite color combo from that era. Actually, those 80's Cobalts with all the teak and classic styling is the pinnacle of aesthetics for me anyway.
My father got me started boating as a little kid and I've had the bug (and a boat or two) continuously ever since. I'm primarily a sailor, but always admired nice "runabout" style boats, and the Cobalts in particular. My father is 90 now and now it's my turn to take him out and spend quality time together on the water while we still can. The boat will be based at Lake Ray Hubbard, Texas, by the way.
IMG_5635.JPG
Re: Want to Buy - Trailer for 1980's era 21BR
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:48 pm
by AsLan7
Such a classic.
