Page 1 of 1

R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:56 am
by rontn64
We have been out of boating for a few years and are looking to buy a used R3.
I am looking for owners with the R3 Merc 8.2 HO to share their experience, likes, dislikes, prop size, top speed , ect.
Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:49 pm
by jhnmdahl
Here's an R3 prop chart that might help - I'm trying to find one with speeds listed but can't seem to find it at the moment:
r3propchart.pdf
Here are a couple recent threads on engine selection for the R3 as well:

viewtopic.php?t=4446

viewtopic.php?p=86089

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:17 pm
by rontn64
Thanks for the Info

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:10 pm
by Big Block Power
rontn64 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:56 am We have been out of boating for a few years and are looking to buy a used R3.
I am looking for owners with the R3 Merc 8.2 HO to share their experience, likes, dislikes, prop size, top speed , ect.
Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
There better not be any dislikes 😂😂
I have one word of advise. Do it!
Wait to long it will be gone. 57 will probably be top end.

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:55 pm
by CobaltDeadHead
Kind of a unicorn configuration no? I'd expect something like 90% of R3s to have a 300 or 350 whether VP or Merc. 430 seems really rare even in R7, nevermind an R3.

Think I recall one person selling their 430HO R3 on here last year and they said it hit 60.

Re: R3 Merc 8.2 HO

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:40 am
by Big Block Power
CobaltDeadHead wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:55 pm Kind of a unicorn configuration no? I'd expect something like 90% of R3s to have a 300 or 350 whether VP or Merc. 430 seems really rare even in R7, nevermind an R3.

Think I recall one person selling their 430HO R3 on here last year and they said it hit 60.
Yes they are. If I was in the market and it had a tower I would be all over that boat. In Wisconsin you might find a merc easier than other parts of the country. I would like to see this ad and price. I think the one last year was north of 80k.