Page 1 of 1

Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:08 pm
by btrain
Hi, I'm looking for a new or lightly used OEM mooring cover for a 2015 Cobalt 296 w/bimini top.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:52 pm
by AsLan7
.
So glad you found us btrain.

Hopefully someone here can step up to the plate for ya'

Any pics of your 296?

And welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:06 pm
by btrain
Thanks! I'll have to get some good pics taken soon :-)

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:34 am
by btrain
Here's a pic. Might be hard to tell but the hull color is Cocoa with a Sandstone stripe. It's the first Cobalt I've personally seen in Cocoa. Definitely a polarizing color - people seem to either love it or hate it. Interior color is Geneva. The boat is mint - original owner, 72 hours, fresh water only, etc. So far so good!

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:42 am
by Krob1114
All that matters is you liking the color. I've never seen that color and can't tell too much from that picture.
My boat looks much better in the sun and on the water than it does on the shady lift.

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:51 pm
by AsLan7
btrain wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:34 am Here's a pic. Might be hard to tell but the hull color is Cocoa with a Sandstone stripe. It's the first Cobalt I've personally seen in Cocoa. Definitely a polarizing color - people seem to either love it or hate it. Interior color is Geneva. The boat is mint - original owner, 72 hours, fresh water only, etc. So far so good!
.
I think it looks very sharp bt.

The only other cocoa one I've seen is a member here who I believe is boating in Europe.

.

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:18 pm
by Big Block Power
Very nice! I like. I bet that sound system in the cruiser can get some attention too.😂😂😂👍

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:13 pm
by Snowman8
I ordered my Outer Armor one piece mooring cover through my dealer last year for our 2014 R5. They are made by Commercial Sewing and are the factory cover Cobalt. High quality and perfect fit! I had a couple quotes to make a custom cover and they were nearly double the cost of the Outer Armor factory cover. I think I paid around $1500. They wouldn’t sell direct to me so you have to go through a Cobalt dealer.

Re: Mooring cover for a 296

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:29 pm
by btrain
That mooring cover looks great. I was able to order one from Cobalt (Outer Armor/Commercial Sewing) but it says it fits a 2009-2014 296. Mine is a 2015 296 and we've waited almost 2 weeks for the supplier to confirm fitment, but no answer. It's on order so we shall see.

Does anyone happen to know if Cobalt changed anything on the 296 for the 2015 model year that would impact the fitment of the mooring cover?

Thanks.