2014 210 Mercruiser Engine "hum" or "whirl"
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:29 am
Brand new to the board but think I successfully searched and found no results.
We recently purchased a 2014 210 with the Mercruiser 5.0L with about 440 hours. Boat is super clean and performs great. When we took it out for the test spin, I noticed what can be described as a hum or a whirl. It's not a click or metallic in anyway and seems to either go away or at least disappear under engine noise when rpm's increase. Previous owner said it's always had it. I have some ideas but wanted to run by this group first. I've posted a link to a video with sound, the hum in the video is probably a little bit more high-pitched than in person.
https://youtube.com/shorts/IY5Ya1Z1eXY
.
.
We recently purchased a 2014 210 with the Mercruiser 5.0L with about 440 hours. Boat is super clean and performs great. When we took it out for the test spin, I noticed what can be described as a hum or a whirl. It's not a click or metallic in anyway and seems to either go away or at least disappear under engine noise when rpm's increase. Previous owner said it's always had it. I have some ideas but wanted to run by this group first. I've posted a link to a video with sound, the hum in the video is probably a little bit more high-pitched than in person.
https://youtube.com/shorts/IY5Ya1Z1eXY
.
.