Page 1 of 1

Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:09 am
by cmattj
I recently noticed the New Cobalt apparel for their 50th anniversary line. Yes I spent more $$

http://cobaltsports.com/50th-anniversary/

But then I thought it strange that Both Cobalt and Chevrolet use the same type of Red , White, Blue Logo..

Same ad Agency?? or was America engrossed in the Red, white and blue during that period of our history. (it was a Busy time)

I thought I would Share as Chevrolet and Cobalt are my favorite things....

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 am
by AsLan7
.
Wow

Amazing the similarities.

Nice shirt Matt
Very cool.

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 am
by Big Block Power
Interesting :-) I'll take one or two of each :-)

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am
by Soonerfan
I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 pm
by Big Block Power
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Sorry but what were you thinking. Yt got it before me.

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
by cmattj
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 am
by Soonerfan
cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
I always loved that nose stripe on your 67! You must be a fan of "My Cousin Vinny" as no one says youttte unless you are! :D

Many times I think back and wish I had a large barn somewhere to keep all my past toys! It would be pretty full by now!

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
Oh my those are beautiful. Oh to have them again.

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 pm
by Driller
My 2nd car was a Camero. '72 after they screwed up the body and cut back the power. Always wanted a '69 SS.

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 pm
by cmattj
Driller wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 pm My 2nd car was a Camero. '72 after they screwed up the body and cut back the power. Always wanted a '69 SS.
Funny Is I always wanted to do a split bumper 1970-73 rs.
Soonerfan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 am
cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
I always loved that nose stripe on your 67! You must be a fan of "My Cousin Vinny" as no one says youttte unless you are! :D

Yep.. Cousin Vinnie Is classic Joe Pesci. I'm a transplanted NYC guy so it brings me home .

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 pm
cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
Oh my those are beautiful. Oh to have them again.
My wife just told me yesterday when I posted the Pics.

"you should have kept The 69 and returned it to the street .. But Noooooo you said we can do another one "......... I smiled painfully. :lol:

Like Sooner said. "If I had a barn and a crystal Ball..