Page 1 of 1

Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:50 pm
by dhuston99
Just got my boat back from service (engine pull, new oil pan, dipstick, starter, motor mounts, knock sensor) and the blower is not coming on. The light on the dash lights up but no blower. Before I take it back up to Legendary was wondering if anyone might know of some simple things to check first. Thanks for any help.

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:30 pm
by Big Block Power
The blower is easy to get to. So you need to check to see if you have 12v to it. They may have left Something unplugged.

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 pm
by jma2@fuse.net
Check the fuse/breaker box. Also, seems like a lot of work done on the engine for being 6 years old. Any reason why--high hours?

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:33 pm
by rabiddawg
jma2@fuse.net wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 pm Check the fuse/breaker box. Also, seems like a lot of work done on the engine for being 6 years old. Any reason why--high hours?
His boat lost a good bit of engine oil. It was determined to be the oil pan and dipstick.

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:40 pm
by Big Block Power
rabiddawg wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:33 pm
jma2@fuse.net wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 pm Check the fuse/breaker box. Also, seems like a lot of work done on the engine for being 6 years old. Any reason why--high hours?
His boat lost a good bit of engine oil. It was determined to be the oil pan and dipstick.
A salty boat.

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:46 pm
by dustinm
I would bet that during this repair that the mechanic unknowingly knocked off the blower wires. Get a mirror and check the blower connector.

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:07 pm
by dhuston99
I checked the connection to the blower motor and it is plugged in. It can't really see where the wire leads so I guess it is back to service. I sure don't know how they work on these things. I can't get my old body in there to even look around! I didn't check the circuit breaker but I am assuming it isn't tripped since I have power at the switch ( the light lights up when blower switch is in). Is that a safe assumption? Thanks for all the help!

Re: Blower not working 2015 220

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:11 am
by rabiddawg
I would say you are correct.

I left my blower on once and the breaker tripped. The light on the dash didn’t work until I reset the breaker. So I would assume your breaker is set if the light is on.

My set up is just a jumper from the switch on terminal to the light.