Page 1 of 1
Top speed for 24 SD v8-300 stock props
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:50 am
by tmcnutt
We have a 2015 24 SD with V8-300 and stock props. Curious what is the top speed you get and at what RPM and trim position. I don't run there much but just curious. I was around 4900 RPMS and doing 44 MPH with trim at 4. That's the smoothest I could get it.
Thanks,
Tom
Re: Top speed for 24 SD v8-300 stock props
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:25 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey Tom...so glad you found us!
Any pics of this 24SD?
What pitch are your props. A simple formula will get you close to your theoretical top speed.
Your dry weight is 4,799 pounds for that boat based on
these close numbers. It's probably closer to 5500 pounds with equipment and fluids.
Should be running close to high 40's. What pitch is your prop? Also outdrive gear ratio can have an affect as well.
For a rough calculation plug your numbers in
here. Your constant for a deeper vee hull will be around 210 or higher with advances in hull designs for the top speed formula.
And welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: Top speed for 24 SD v8-300 stock props
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:16 am
by Krob1114
I'm interested in this too.
Only time I've ever really gone WOT was with 6 adults, almost full tank, lots of beer, etc., waves, wind...
Only about 44 mph if memory serves correct. I'd like to see some day when it's just the admiral and me and no waves or wind.