Page 1 of 1
R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:48 pm
by dgangwer
After months of anticipation, the boat is here. Marine Connection in West Palm Beach was my dealer and has been superb throughout the process. They hooked me up with better financing and insurance than I found on my own.
IMG-2966 (1).jpg
IMG-2967 (2).jpg
IMG-2961.jpg
IMG-2960.jpg
IMG-2962.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
I will add another topic about the disappointing discovery of seawater intrusion coming from the motor mounting bolts. The dealer is on it and was quick to respond. Had I taken delivery in Virginia vice Florida, I would be 3+ hours by land to the dealer. This was one of the big drivers on the choice for Florida delivery.
The leak was discovered as we anchored and oriented ourselves to the boat. Thank goodness for bilge pumps! Saltwater in the bilge is not what I expected from such a high quality boat. That said, it is beautiful and I have no regrets about any of the options. Still have a lot to get familiar with.
Re: R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:15 pm
by tgrace98
Such a beautiful boat! I am sure you will loce her for years to come.
That sucks about the water intrusion. I would think the dealer would have caught that during PDI. But glad it is getting resolved!
Re: R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:47 pm
by anothershotinthehead
She's beautiful. Hope the fix is fast so you can enjoy her to the fullest.
Re: R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:04 pm
by Big Block Power
Congrats. A beauty. So much room inside! How did the 300 push her?
Re: R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:20 pm
by dgangwer
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:04 pm
Congrats. A beauty. So much room inside! How did the 300 push her?
I'm historically a power guy and figured I'd get the 350. There was a previous post here where someone knew someone who bought the 350 but then traded to a bigger boat. Upon reflection, that owner indicated it was overkill and the 300 would be plenty.
Talked with the Mercury folks at the Ft Lauderdale boat show and that coupled with continued research persuaded me to go with the 300 V8 vice inline 6, older technology, supercharged 350. In my two days of boating, the motor is excellent.
Re: R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:15 am
by Krob1114
Great looking boat.
Pictures make me miss South Florida.
Good luck.
Re: R6 Outboard Delivered
Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:04 am
by Luv2HuntAR
Good looking boat. Love the layout of the outboard R6. I had never paid much attention in the past. Have fun.