Page 1 of 1

Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:33 am
by fischelr01
I changed out my dash last weekend (see photos ;) ). Very pleased overall! However, my depth finder is not turning on. I didn't have my multi-meter to check for power, however, I did have a strong "click" between both harnesses.

According to my manual, there is a fuse "located behind dash". I didn't see anything directly behind the dash, or to the left behind the white screw cap. Anyone know where this 1a fuse resides?

Before:
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
After:
IMG_20200719_135008.jpg
IMG_20200829_165955.jpg
From Manual (https://cobaltboats.com/art/manuals/2008_252_OM.pdf Pg 103)
Capture.JPG
Thanks, everyone!

BTW, I used Teknographics in Ft. Lauderdale. Only hickup was the smaller gauge holes were too small, ended up using a Dremel and drum sander to make wider. Also, the screw posts didn't align on the instrument dash. Couple of aggressive turns with a .5" drill bit and it slid right in.

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 pm
by Big Block Power
Looks very nice. Did you order a new steering wheel yet?
No idea where that fuse might be. I guess follow the wiring.

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:15 pm
by fischelr01
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 pm Looks very nice. Did you order a new steering wheel yet?
No idea where that fuse might be. I guess follow the wiring.
Yes! Wheel is replaced, for some reason I can't hold my phone at an angle to capture it with the dash *face palm*.

Here's a shot of the wheel. Old dash.
IMG_20200606_121727.jpg

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:30 pm
by Big Block Power
fischelr01 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:15 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 pm Looks very nice. Did you order a new steering wheel yet?
No idea where that fuse might be. I guess follow the wiring.
Yes! Wheel is replaced, for some reason I can't hold my phone at an angle to capture it with the dash *face palm*.

Here's a shot of the wheel. Old dash.

IMG_20200606_121727.jpg
Sweet👍

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:41 pm
by fischelr01
D21A481A-0759-4590-9227-75BEF49550E4.jpeg
Here we go. And I had a chance to do a deep dive. Couldn’t find that fuse

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:44 pm
by fischelr01
So, I received the attached schematic from Cobalt. Looks like the fuse that I thought was for the remote is actually for the depth finder.

Good reference for anyone with a 252.

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 pm
by Big Block Power
That's good stuff

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:22 am
by fischelr01
Update. It was, in fact, a blown fuse. There is a black glass-fuse-holder right off the ignition. Push and turn to release (this took me a couple moments to figure out 🤦‍♂️)

After inspecting the original fuse and showing no signs of it being blown I was convinced that I was wasting my time. But for $2.30 for a 6 pack of replacements, I had to try.

Popped in the new fuse, turned the key and vwalla. 13.9 feet of water.

Hope no one ever needs this info, but felt I needed to close the loop. Happy fall, everyone!

Re: Depth Finder Fuse

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:32 am
by AsLan7
.
Thanks for the follow-up F01. 👌🏻