Page 1 of 1
Issue with VessleView Mobile & SmartCraft Module
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:33 am
by CdnBoater
I have a 2020 Cobalt 23SC with 250 Mercury and (2) Batteries with Cobalt OEM battery switch. I have a VesselView Mobile unit connected to SmartCraft Module at the helm. If I turn off ignition and leave main power 'ON', Vesselview LED's will go out and I can reconnect the next time I go boating. If I turn off ignition AND Main Power switch, VesselView LED's (both) remain illuminated and I cannot connect to VesselView unless I unplug VesselView from SmartCraft and this will cause LED's to go out and I can then re-plug-in the Vesselview and the re-start the connection.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue and, if so, how was it resolved?
Re: Issue with VessleView Mobile & SmartCraft Module
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:36 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey CdnB. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
I have not had any issues with our vessel view but ours is an older model. Others will chime in shortly though.
Any pics?
Again welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: Issue with VessleView Mobile & SmartCraft Module
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:39 am
by ajcampen
CdnBoater wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:33 am
I have a 2020 Cobalt 23SC with 250 Mercury and (2) Batteries with Cobalt OEM battery switch. I have a VesselView Mobile unit connected to SmartCraft Module at the helm. If I turn off ignition and leave main power 'ON', Vesselview LED's will go out and I can reconnect the next time I go boating. If I turn off ignition AND Main Power switch, VesselView LED's (both) remain illuminated and I cannot connect to VesselView unless I unplug VesselView from SmartCraft and this will cause LED's to go out and I can then re-plug-in the Vesselview and the re-start the connection.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue and, if so, how was it resolved?
I have not had that issue but I did have an issue that I though my unit was bad. They sent me a new one which i never installed because when i disconnected the module at the engine from the yellow or purple plug...it started working and has worked since. they sent me a lable and I returned the replacement unit they sent. The vessel view guys are very easy to work with at Mercury. the contact email of the people i worked with is
support.vvm@mercmarine.com
Re: Issue with VessleView Mobile & SmartCraft Module
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:12 am
by CdnBoater
Thanks for your reply. I have discussed the issue with Mercury and, you are right, they are very good to talk with. Unfortunately, they have not encountered the issue, previously, and believe it has to do with the Cobalt's wiring.
I thought someone in this forum might have encountered a similar problem.
Re: Issue with VessleView Mobile & SmartCraft Module
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:25 am
by ajcampen
Not a problem on them. Be interesting if they would help you try it with a new one.