Page 1 of 1
Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am
by kbloom72
Hey Y'all,
I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.
Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.
Thanks!
Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 am
by Big Block Power
kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am
Hey Y'all,
I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.
Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.
Thanks!
Congrats. Let's just convert the 206 trailer to fit

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 am
by kbloom72
Thanks! Cannot wait!
Would be a tight fit on that trailer! And It went with the 206 when it sold last week.
Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:36 pm
by ajcampen
kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am
Hey Y'all,
I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.
Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.
Thanks!
If you plan on keeping the boat for a number of years and the more you think you will use your trailer you might just order a custom trailer from one of the good mfg. I like loadmaster out of ohio, phoenix trailers out of northern Michigan and I know heritage is ion the IL area.
Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:30 pm
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:36 pm
kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:42 am
Hey Y'all,
I'm picking up a 2005 262 in the next week or so. I have the dealer looking for a trailer for me, but thought I'd throw it out here as well. I'm not opposed to aftermarket, just want a good fit.
Preferred in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana area.
Thanks!
If you plan on keeping the boat for a number of years and the more you think you will use your trailer you might just order a custom trailer from one of the good mfg. I like loadmaster out of ohio, phoenix trailers out of northern Michigan and I know heritage is ion the IL area.
Ok he made 2 out 3 good points for you. Let's get one ordered

Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:36 pm
by kbloom72
I appreciate all the advice. I've been in contact with Phoenix and Venture trailers already. It's a shame because I really don't use the trailer but in the winter for storage.
I store the boat on a trailer for $200, October thru April. To store it off the trailer for the winter it's 4 times that so I figure it's more cost effective to buy one.
Re: Looking for a trailer - 2005 262
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:03 pm
by ajcampen
kbloom72 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:36 pm
I appreciate all the advice. I've been in contact with Phoenix and Venture trailers already. It's a shame because I really don't use the trailer but in the winter for storage.
I store the boat on a trailer for $200, October thru April. To store it off the trailer for the winter it's 4 times that so I figure it's more cost effective to buy one.
Then buy a low cost adjustable trailer. Nothing custom